Pages

Friday, December 22, 2023

SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS

 


SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS

 From the archives

1. As you can see, when Sam Winters was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?  Since this is a Santa gift and not a prayer gift, I will say money.  It would be nice to pay some things off.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?  Nice.   I am not mean, I am not one to be naughty.  I help and give when I can.  I try to make my classroom a happy place to be for all.

3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?  The plan is to be at my house for Christmas and my mom come to visit us.  I was sick, so just making sure it is a healthy place to be for my mom.  We will need to go to her house also to take her gift down for her...it is big, we will go by car.

4. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If yes, which one traveled the farthest?  no, I was able to take gifts to everyone in person.

5. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?  Yes, I bought some clothes.

6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread? candy canes, but we have both in my classroom.  We cook a gingerbread man and he runs around the school and we have to find him, we go to the gym and he has been there but says we are too slow we need to look at the nurses' office and so on.  Then the kids get to try gingerbread cookies.  One of my kids got frustrated with him and said he was so naughty...hahaha.  The elf on the shelf brings candy canes from Santa for the Polar Express Day.  We also had theater popcorn for our movie day.  I missed the holiday party, I was sick.

7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.  Oh Christmas Tree

8. What's your favorite winter beverage?  Hot Chocolate...we had that at our Polar Express movie day too.  The kids loved that day, they got a bell from Santa and were so excited they could hear it ringing and a special ticket to see the movie.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.  Last Christmas we had a different meal.  We had meatloaf.  It was so good.  My mom cooked.  Josh does not like ham.  It was nice to have something different.


Merry Christmas!




9 comments:

  1. Meatloaf is good any time!!! It's my favorite. You made me want some now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a Merry Christmas with your mom ... and I wish I was in your class. It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meatloaf sounds good, smiles. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you've been sick. I hope you feel better now. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your holiday! Your class sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, sorry you were sick, and I am glad you are feeling better. I was down a few days with an ear infection. Through me off a bit. I just sent my cards out. I remember when I had them out for December 1st! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are much better! It's a tough time of year to be sick and to miss out on the classroom (and family) memories. Wishing you the merriest of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your classroom must be a great place to be! We did things like that at my work for the consumers. This past week we had ugly sweater day, dress like a present day, wear your favorite Christmas headgear day, wear red and green day, and we wore our jammies for Polar Express day. I hope you're all feeling well and your mom can safely come to visit. Merry Christmas, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.