Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Tuesday 4 Meme- After Christmas

 



After Christmas...

Dec 31, 1949 Mary Petty's art


Hello Friends and Happy Holidays to you all.   

1. What are you doing New Years Eve and New Year's Day?  We usually watch the ball drop on NYE and take down Christmas decorations on NY's day.  I like to clean house really good to start off the new year.  I get busy once I start back to school.

2. Do you have any New Year traditions? Rose Parade? Mummers? Football games or parties?  We watch the Rose Parade and Karl watches football games.  Josh will be done with his job for the season, so he will be home.  They open again in March.  I will probably read or watch tv.

3. Is the day after Christmas a bit of a let down or do you continue to be merry and bright?  Not really.  I get sad when the lights come down, so more like New Year's day.  I do like a clean house though.

4.  Do you have anything in mind for the new year  and do you start off the new year with high hopes and expectations?  I used to look forward to the New Year, but as I get older, I worry about what is to come.  I worry about my mom and Meisha as they are getting older.  I shouldn't worry I know.  It is out of my control.  I know good things will happen in the New Year and bad things will happen.



6 comments:

  1. I completely understand your last statement. I do hope you have a beautiful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you and yours will have a blessed and wonderful New Years. I do feel the same when the lights of Christmas come down and we have darkness again for a while...but then the days start getting longer and it's not so bad. I will probably wait until after New Year's Day to take our stuff down. I like to relax on New Year's day and not have all the mess in the house of boxes to put away, etc. But, I am retired and don't have to worry about going back to work, so I understand your feelings on this too. Either way, try to take some time to relax and enjoy your time off before you go back to work! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your new year will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Year's Eve is just another day/night for me nothing special done no staying up to see the new year in.

    Boxing Day is still part of Christmas for me as I spend it with my eldest daughter and her family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worry goes with the territory if we are human.. sadly. I hope your New Year is wonderful for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with as we get older we think of different things. I am more aware of my inlaws health, etc. Enjoyed your answers

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.