Pages

Friday, December 8, 2023

Saturday 9: Wildest Dreams

 



Wildest Dreams

Saturday 9: Wildest Dreams (2014)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, a tall, handsome man asks Taylor Swift to drive away with him to escape the crowds. Where were you headed when you most recently got behind the wheel?  to work

2) She sings about memories of a romance that just "follow you around." Is anyone special on your mind this morning? (It doesn't have to be a romantic partner.)  I have a friend that has cancer, so when I pray, I pray for her every time.  She is on my mind a lot.  I have shared about her before.  Her name is Kris.  I would appreciate prayers or good 
thoughts.  This picture is us about 5 years ago.



3) The lyrics reference sunset. Now that it gets dark earlier, do you find yourself watching the sun set more often?  It is starting to set as I drive home from work, but once I get home I have so many things to do.  I haven't watched it yet.   It is good to take the time and watch it though.  The sun has not yet risen when I go to work, so I do not see that either.  

4) The video for this song takes place on a movie set. Swift said it was inspired by tales of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton embarking on a love affair while co-starring in Cleopatra. Elizabeth and Richard fell in love in Rome, while this video was filmed outside of Gaborone, Botswana. In your wildest dreams, which of these exotic locales would you rather visit: Rome or Gaborone?  I would like to go to Rome.
 
5) In homage to Elizabeth Taylor, Swift went from blonde to brunette for the video. Do you have an appointment with a stylist between now and year end?  Yes, December 27th for cut and color.  It needs it.

6) Both Taylors (Swift and Elizabeth) often wore the color purple. What color dominates your wardrobe?  red, but I wear a lot of black.
 
7) In the video, Taylor Swift's leading man is Scott Eastwood, son of Clint. Though not as famous as his dad, Scott works steadily and has more than 30 TV and movie credits. Can you think of another second-generation performer who followed his or her parent into show business?  Keifer Sutherland and his dad Donald Sutherland.  Keifer Sutherland was a celebrity crush for me.


8) In 2014, when "Wildest Dreams" topped the charts, Paul McCartney had to reschedule tour dates so he could recover from a bout with the flu. How are you feeling this morning? Any coughs, sneezes, sniffles?  I am in week 2 of a small cough.  This is the second time this coughing has gone around the classroom.  We are just passing it around.  It is hard for me to get rid of a cough.

9) Random question: How many different zip codes have you lived in throughout your life?  5



13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend Kris, and can only imagine how this must weigh on you. Here's hoping you get some good news soon.
    So you'll be starting the New Year with a fresh cut and color. Good timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping your friend in prayer...and you for to feel better. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers and will say a prayer for your friend when I complete this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 Being retired, that is one thing I don’t have to think about.
    #3 With the sun being low in the sky it is in my eyes more when I drive.
    #9 I seem to be the only “Home body” on Sat 9, everyone else follows that wandering star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband has had a cough since October, I think. It is mostly gone but every now and then I hear him coughing still. I hope your friend comes through her trials ok. Life can really be tough sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think of Keifer Sutherland. Excellent choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far there is no coughing going around here but covid did come through a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully, I avoided it but neighbors next door and across the street all got it. I enjoyed your answers, Lori, and will keep your friend, Kris, in my prayers. Please keep us updated! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried to play the song but my laptop is being a bitch and not having it, Yes I would also like to visit Rome. A cough can linger for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keifer Sutherland is an excellent choice! I had such a crush on him, too, he was such a bad boy!

    It's hard when we pass things around the classroom, isn't it? Seems someone is always sick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've just recovered from two weeks of nasty coughing and throat ache, but now my daughter and I experience a headache and nausea...so something else has started.
    So I hope you feel better soon.
    Best wishes for Kris.

    The dark sets in early here too. Yeesterday we closed curtains at 15.00 hours, because we couldn't see our hands anymore. Just a few weeks to go and all will improve every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.