Pages

Friday, December 29, 2023

Saturday 9: The Old Me (2020)

 




Saturday 9: The Old Me (2020)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
We're bidding adieu to the old year with a song 
about looking back. 
Thanks for participating in Saturday 9 during 2023.

1) In this song, the lead singer thanks his younger self for everything he learned from past experience. What's something you learned in 2023?  I learned I can do really hard things that I did not want to do.  I had to move into a classroom with another pre-K class.  We had 34 kids in one room and 5 adults.  It was loud and I am glad it is over.
 
2) He admits he did some things he wished he hadn't. Did you do anything in 2023 you wish you could take back?  oh yes, there is always something.  I do not dwell on things, so I have forgotten about it.

3) This music video consists of old photographs. Do you have many photos lingering on your phone or camera? Or are you prompt about downloading them?  I have so many photos.  I need to delete many of them.

4) This week's featured artist is 5 Seconds of Summer, a band from Australia. Have you ever been to the land down under? If not, would you like to go?  I have never been, but I would love to go.
 
5) In 2020, when this song was popular, "murder hornets," aka the giant Asian hornet, were spotted for the first time in the United States. Are you afraid of bugs?  not really.  They annoy me though.

6) Enough about 2020! Let's look back on 2023. Did you travel this past year?  I was able to visit Lake of the Ozarks for a teacher's conference (it is beautiful there) and Karl, Josh and I visited St. Louis over the summer.

7) What was the biggest purchase that you made in 2023?  We had to re-do the plumbing in part of our house.  We will be paying on that for a while.

8) What was your favorite book of 2023?  Book that was published in 2023 would be Meet Me At The Lake by Carley Fortune if just my favorite read that I read in 2023 it would be The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah.

9) What are you looking forward to most in 2024?  I am excited about the changes coming to our school.  Now that we have moved into our new building, we will be adding more classrooms.    I wish I had a vacation to look forward to, but at this time we have no plans. 


10 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to get through things you didnt want to do and find out how strong you really are? Good for you!! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a business conference in Lake of the Ozarks ages ago, and it was fabulous! I'm glad you had a nice time there and made great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you’re enthused about the changes at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answer to #1--hard things that are temporary can teach us a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read The Great Alone. That's an interesting book. Some of Hannah's work earlier works irk me, but the later books in particular are well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your answers, Hope you have a great weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Lori!!!! I hope you enjoyed your rest from the kids. I bet they will be happy to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late getting here, Lori. I enjoyed your answers! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a beautiful Happy New Year, Lori. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. #2 True!
    #5 I brought home a bunch of gapes and there were fruit flies hitching a ride on them.
    #9 New digs! I remember in the 2nd grade we moved into a brand new school and the first year there nobody knew where things were.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.