Friday, December 14, 2018
Saturday 9: We Need a Little Christmas
Saturday 9: We Need a Little Christmas (2006)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) At the beginning of this recording, Daffy says he hopes all his friends remember his size, style and favorite color. What piece of clothing would you like to add to your wardrobe? I need a new pair of tennis shoes and I am always looking to add shirts.
2) His friends are late for Daffy's holiday soiree. Think about the last get together you attended. Were you early, late or right on time? I typically run early.
3) It hasn't a snowed a single flurry where Daffy is. Have you had to shovel yet? nope, we have had some flurries and it has snowed all around us, but not at my house. I am hoping for some really good snow this winter.
4) Daffy sings that he's looking forward to fruitcake. How about you? Are you a fruitcake fan? nope
5) Daffy is an American Black Duck. Their usual diet doesn't generally include fruitcake. These ducks more commonly dine on seeds, foliage and bugs. What was your most recent meal? Fettuccine Alfredo and cheesy bread sticks
6) The only Christmas card Sam has received so far this year is from her insurance agent. She never sees her agent socially. In fact, she doesn't think she's seen him at all in 2018. Have you received many cards this year? If so, were they from people you feel close to? This is the saddest thing in the world. It seems my family does not send out Christmas cards and many of my friends send them out last minute. I can't really enjoy them that way. I have my dog Mandy in a card exchange and we have more cards from "dogs". I wish people still took the time to send cards. I mean, it is the only time of the year you get good mail or any mail at all that is not junk or bills.
7) When do you start holiday shopping: Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving/Black Friday, Halloween? Thanksgiving and Black Friday
8) Sam was recently driven crazy by kids running through store aisles wearing elf hats with bells. Do you have any apparel that makes noise? no
9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.
We typically donate to the local homeless shelter called Victory Mission. They make sure the families are fed and have a place to stay that is warm and dry. We also donate to St. Jude's.