1. On December 5, 1901, Walt Disney was born. Have you been to Disneyland or Disney World? Can you share a favorite Disney memory? Karl and I went to Disney World for our Honeymoon, I had never been, it was a great trip, but when Josh was 5 years old we took him to Disney World and it was pure magic! I loved it so much. We stayed for 2 weeks.
2. The first roller coaster attraction at Walt Disney World was Space Mountain. Do you/did you like roller coasters? I love them
3. The very first fairy tale that Walt Disney made a cartoon about was Little Red Riding Hood. Did you enjoy fairy tales when you were a youngster or did they scare you? Did you have a favorite? I do love fairy tales, I think I like Cinderella the most. I was reminded of Goldie Locks and the Three Bears as I was out visiting. My dad used to tell that to me when I was young, so I have a special fondness to that one also. I also feel like Goldie locks when I am shopping for furniture.
4. In Lady & the Tramp, Tramp’s real name was Butch! Do you have nicknames for your fur-babies and/or for your children? Yes, I call Mandy- Mandy Pants, Molly is Molly Sue, and I call Meisha "Louise" which is her middle name. She seems to understand both names. I do not call Josh by nicknames much anymore. Today is Meisha's 8th birthday!
5. I can’t let this day go by without respecting George H.W. Bush, as he lays in state in the Rotunda of our Capital today. He was our 41st President and only the second father to have a son follow him as President of the United States. President Bush loved his colorful socks. I bought Joe a pair of George H.W. Bush socks for Christmas one year. I know Myra has a pair… any other bloggers checking in today who have a pair of the Presidential socks in a drawer at home? How do you feel about colorful socks?
These are the socks (and tie) President Bush will be buried in.
I do not have any Presidential socks! I did not know that was a thing. I am so glad you wrote about this! I was able to check in and watch his memorial that was on tv today, I streamed it some at work on my phone. What a great President!
6. Please tell us something random about your week! Our cleaning is coming along nicely! We got the shed, spare room, laundry room and our closet cleaned out. They look amazing! I am sure we will fill them back up again now. :/ I think we are finished, so we can have the trash company come get the dumpster. It was a small one, but we still needed to finish this cleaning I started back in the summer. It makes me feel so good and organized!