Saturday 9: I'm Gonna Put Some Glue 'Round the Christmas Tree (So Santa Will Stick Around All Year) (1954)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's featured songstress, Peggy King, sings that she'd like to extend the Christmas season all year. How about you? Do you wish the season was longer? Shorter? Or do you think things are fine as they are? I actually think it is fine just the way it is, but I do enjoy Christmas movies in July sometimes.
2) She specifically mentions toys. Have you purchased/will you purchase any toys as holiday gifts this year? no
3) Search for "glue" on The Home Depot's website and you'll get more than 3,000 results. There's heavy-duty adhesives, all-purpose glue, clear epoxy, wood glue, and more. Do you currently have glue in your home? If yes, how many kinds? Maybe 3 or 4...we have regular glue, glue sticks, gorilla glue and we may have some super glue somewhere. My husband may have some other kinds of glue, but I do not use them.
4) What's the last thing you used glue for? I used a hot glue gun today to glue a ribbon on a ornament for a student.
5) This week's featured artist, Peggy King, was a TV staple in the 1950s. With her perpetually upbeat persona, she was known as "Pretty, Perky Peggy King." Do you consider yourself upbeat, aka "perky?" yes
6) Ms. King got her start singing radio jingles for Hunt's tomato sauce. Prepared tomato sauce, properly stored, can safely be kept in the refrigerator for days. Do you have any leftovers in your refrigerator right now? probably, it needs to be cleaned out.
7) Her biggest movie role was in Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy (1955). Do you watch scary movies and shows all year around? Only at Halloween? Or not at all? usually not at all, but my son likes the older 1950's movies, he says they are horror, but by today's standards they are more like suspense. He loves the movie Rebecca and Midnight Lace.
8) In 1954, the year this record was released, President Eisenhower dedicated the Marine Corps. Iwo Jima Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery, just outside of Washington DC. If you were to play tourist in our nation's capital, what site would you be certain to visit? I would love to see The White House.
9) Random question: Which of these common household items would you miss most if it suddenly went on the fritz -- your bedside lamp or your hair dryer? hair dryer! My hair would be wet all day if not for my hair dryer. I can go without my bedside lamp if I need to.