Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
This song was specially chosen for the Saturday 9 closest to Valentine's Day.
1) This is a love song written by Willie Nelson for his young son. Have you sent any Valentines this year to someone you love who isn't a romantic partner? I got Valentine's for my son and all of the kids in my class at the preschool and my co-workers.
2) Today that little boy, Lukas, is a singer/songwriter who wrote eight of the songs for the 2018 A Star Is Born soundtrack. Have you seen the Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga big screen romance? no, but I am so excited to see it!
3) On Valentine's Day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell patented the first telephone. Who did you most recently speak to on the phone? My mom today.
4) Penicillin was also introduced on Valentine's Day (in 1929). When you get a shot, do you look away when the needle touches your skin? I think I do. I mean, I do not look at the needle going into my arm, I try to just look forward.
5) According to legend, a gift of red roses signifies love and romance. When did you last purchase flowers or plants? Did you buy them for yourself, or someone else? I got them to decorate outside our house. I bought mums in the fall.
6) This week's artist, Willie Nelson, can trace his family tree back to the Revolutionary War. Captain John Nelson served with the Minutemen back in 1776. If you could go back in time to witness any great moment in American history, which would you choose? There are so many things...I loved the show Timeless, there was a time machine and they visited moments in history every week. The main characters were trying to stop the bad guys from changing history.
7) Before he became a musical success, Willie was a door-to-door salesman, peddling first Bibles, then vacuum cleaners. INC magazine tells us that the traits of successful salespeople include resilience and good listening skills. Do you think you'd make a good sales person? not at all. I am not pushy at all and I am kind of shy.
8) In 1993, when this song came out, Saved by the Bell aired its series finale. Crazy Sam likes to tease her brother because he once admitted to her that he has seen all 86 episodes of this teen sitcom. Is there a show that you believe you've seen every episode? There are several now that we can binge watch shows, but back in the day I would say I probably saw all of the episodes of Friends and ER.
9) Random question -- We're having milkshakes! What's your favorite flavor? Chocolate