1. Have you ever had a special pet in your life? Will you tell us about it? I have had a few pets in my life, the most special pet for me is my dog Mandy...she is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and is currently 11 years old turning 12 in May. She does not have a lot of time left. She has a condition called Degenerative Myelopathy...basically she is slowly losing the use of her muscles. Her back legs do not work anymore, but she can still get around. Once things get into her front legs and affect her breathing, it will be the end, but we are not quite there yet. We got Mandy as a puppy, she slept with us until just a couple of years ago, she still sleeps in a bed right next to my side of the bed. Mandy always knows when something is wrong and stays close. She is really smart and I love her a lot. This is Mandy probably about 3 years ago. She looks the same, absolutely gorgeous!
2. Did you grow up with pets in your home? What did it teach you? I had a dog named Kai as a kid, but my mom made him live outside, I had a parakeet and it was cute. I did learn that I would NEVER make a dog live outside again in my lifetime. I do not want a pet to be penned up and have little interaction.
3. Do you ever wonder what animals are thinking? I do wish I knew, I just make up things that I think they might be thinking.."I love you so much, mommy", "I am hungry, mommy", "I want a treat"...hee, hee
4. Sometimes a pet gets out and doesn't return for a few days. What do you think happens to them when they go on a walkabout? We did have a lab several years ago that refused to stay home...he would escape our yard and go out hunting animals..rabbits, etc. We learned later he ate the neighborhood cats too, he also played in a pond a lot. We had to give him to my husbands parents so he would stay put...they live on a farm. We tried putting a huge tall fence around our yard to keep him home, but he climbed it...no joke, I watched him do it. He dug under fences too.
5. With cats and dogs being the most popular pets, what is the most
exotic pet you have personal experience with (didn't have to be yours)? I dated a guy with a ferret, well actually now that I am thinking about it, I think it was his roommate's, it was super cute and sweet, but they are smelly little things.
6. Please tell us something random about your week so far... We were all hoping for a snow day yesterday and possibly today, but we ended up staying in school all day Tuesday and went to school today (Wednesday) too. We have a baby shower for a co-worker on Thursday and a birthday party for a co-worker on Friday! We love celebrations!