Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's Saturday 9 has a football theme because there's a big game Sunday. Will you be watching? We are thinking about not watching. Maybe we can find a movie instead.
2) The Super Bowl is the second-largest day for food consumption in the US, second only to Thanksgiving. What's on your menu this weekend? Nothing has been decided. We usually eat pizza, but since we may not watch at all, we may eat something else.
3) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for consuming guacamole. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it? I do not eat avocados...I know...weird. I should probably try them again and see if I like them now.
4) The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, OH. Have you ever visited Canton, or any other city in Ohio? nope
5) This song mentions different moves that football players -- and, it seems, girlfriends -- can make that will result in penalties. What's the last rule you broke? What were the consequences? I am typically a rule follower, but probably speeding would be the rule I break everyday. I try not to go too fast...just like 5 miles over the speed limit, so nothing has happened yet.
6) In 1969, the year this song was popular, the Colts lost to the New York Jets in Super Bowl III. The game is famous because of all the hype leading up to it, including Joe Namath "guaranteeing" his underdog Jets would win. Tell us about a time when you felt like an underdog. I can't remember.
7) This week's featured duo, Mel and Tim, are cousins from Mississippi. Tell us about one of your cousins. My cousins all live in Oklahoma, but I will tell you about Brooke. She is my youngest cousin and the one I played with most growing up. She does laser hair removal in Tulsa, OK. I never get to see her anymore...I would like some hair removed though..hee, hee. Anyway, she has 2 little girls and is married to Larry who is a salesman.
8) The song is about a man who catches his girl cheating and he just won't put up with it. In romance, do you find it easy to forgive and forget? Yes, I think I do.
9) Random question: You've collected a box of gently-used items to donate to a second hand store. What would it be most likely to contain: clothes, housewares, or books/video/music? clothes for sure! I just did this when I cleaned out my closet and we cleaned up the house....so many clothes!