1. Please share a favorite July 4th memory with us. Our church used to hold an annual fireworks display and our church choir would sing patriotic songs...my husband and I were in the choir. It was a huge event and got bigger and bigger every year. They even had a stealth fly over one year. There were games for the kids and food stands, but it was totally free to get in and you could bring coolers with food and drinks, just no alcohol. The symphony played along with the choir and the fireworks were orchestrated with the music. It must have been too much work, after about 10 years of doing it, the church stopped. I do not think it was because of the cost because a lot of things were donated. It sure was fun though and I miss going to it. It was a huge community outreach.
2. How do you plan to spend tomorrow? If you are working, will you celebrate later? I am off all summer (teacher), but we usually stay at our house so our dogs are not completely freaked out by the noise. There are several fireworks displays happening, but I doubt we go...we shall see.
3. Is there a favorite food always reserved for your 4th of July celebration? We grill hotdogs and hamburgers.
In Florida, you can buy all kinds of fireworks, including some that fly
high and burst into pretty cascades. Are fireworks legal in your
state/community and does anyone you know put on a display for your
neighborhood? I live in a small community, so fireworks are legal here and you can set them off anytime, but not in the city. There are some displays near us.
5. Do you have a favorite movie that you always watch sometime during the 4th of July? not really, but I am hoping to read about some, maybe I will get some inspiration.
6. Share something from your week, please. Next Friday my nephew Dalton is getting married, so yesterday I went shopping and got my outfit I will wear and new shoes and jewelry. I went to Dress Barn and they helped me find something cute for my body type...it isn't easy. I also got some cute shirts for work or anytime. I finished my Fannie Flagg book and I have started reading The Secret To Hummingbird Cake by Celeste Fletcher McHale. I have not read for enjoyment in many years and I am loving it. I am about half way through this book and it is fantastic! It is about 3 best friends from Louisiana. It is about their friendship, trials in relationships and life. It is a good one, I will read this one fast. I am always looking for a good read if you want to share one! This one was recommended by one of my blogging pals!