Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

Saturday 9- All I Ever Need Is You

 



All I Ever Need Is You

ALL I EVER NEED IS YOU (1971)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.  

 
1) The lyrics tell us that some men search for silver, some for gold. Are you wearing either silver or gold right now? Not as I am typing this.  I take my jewelry off as soon as I get home.

2) This song was a top 20 hit in the United States but sold much better in Canada. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of our neighbor to the North?  Cold and snow

3) It's performed by one of pop's most successful duos, Sonny and Cher. Can you name another duo that made hit records?  Hall & Oates...first to come to mind.

4) In addition to their recording career, Sonny and Cher were TV stars. In a recurring sketch on their variety show, Cher played a "v-a-m-p: VAMP!" These characters were always sexy and seductive. Do you consider yourself a good flirt?  When I was young, but no now now.

5) Sonny dropped out of high school in Inglewood, CA. Cher dropped out of high school in Fresno. What's the last year of education you completed?  I have taken some Masters level courses (9 hours), but I just have my Bachelor degree.

6) Sonny first became Mayor of Palm Springs, and then represented the district in Congress. The city erected a statue in Sonny's memory. Tell us about a statue or monument in your town.  There might be a monument down by the smallest Cathedral, but I live in a small town.  I am not aware of any.
 
7) Cher is often described as outspoken. Ask her for her opinion on anything from politics to plastic surgery, and you will get a frank answer. Does "outspoken"  apply to you, as well?  no, not at all.  I do have my opinions though.  If you are close to me, you will know them, but I do not share them with everyone.

8) In 1971, when this song was popular, Sears sold a portable manual typewriter. Described at the time as, "lightweight for travelers," it weighed 10 lbs. Today the average laptop weighs half that. Do you own a typewriter?  My mom may still have one, but I am not sure.  My dad was a typing teacher and she was an accountant, so they could both type really well.
 
9) Random question -- Which has gotten you out of more scrapes: your smarts, or your charm?  I will say my smarts.  Not that I am super smart, I am just not an idiot.  I do not do dumb things....I did when I was young...but not now.


11 comments:

  1. My kids, especially the boys, were not happy that I made them take typing, but as adults they tell me it was one of the best things I made them do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 -- Now I have "You Make My Dreams Come True" running through my mind!

    #6 -- I thought the smaller the town, the bigger the monument! The town we went to on vacation when I was a little girl (population: 1050) had a manmade *waterfall* in the center of town, dedicated to the memory of the guy who had been President of the Kiwanis Club for decades. They were terribly proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I no longer have my old typewriter.
    I still do some dumb things but will give my honest opinion.
    Have a wonderful Saturday!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice Hall & Oats, I love their "She's Gone" it is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom made me take typing in high school. "You need a plan B" she said. THANK GOD! That class has stood me well all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. {{{grin}}} Thanks Lori, I enjoyed your answers, have a great weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful every day for taking typing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Typing class was the best class I ever took when I look back at my life! Do they even teach typing now? I enjoyed your answers, Lori! Have a good weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hall & Oates were my first thought, too. But there are so many other duos I like that I don't even know why I thought of them first! Typing has turned out to be the best thing I ever learned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dad was licensed to teach English. His first job, they put him in a typing class, and all the typewriters were broken. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Monday Lori! ( I love Sonny & Cher!) I am glad to know that I am not the only one that removes their jewelry when they get home. I honestly only put it on when I leave the house. I only live 30 minutes from Canada, so I definitely have different thoughts on our Northern Neighbors. ;) Hope you have a great week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.