Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Sunday Stealing- Morning Meme

 

Morning Meme




 

 1. You have just been hired to clean your own home, what is your first complaint?  I don't want to dust
all of this stuff.

2. Are you able to ignore a ringing telephone?  yes...I ignore my landline, we have caller ID, so most
of the time it does not get answered if I am the only one home.  My cell phone, I just swipe to
make it stop ringing.  I always answer if it is someone I want to talk to...my mom or friends. 
We get a lot of junk calls though.

3. How often do you allow a ringing phone to go to voice mail?  If it is my cell, I swipe it quickly and
it will go to voicemail.  My landline picks up after 4 rings.

4. Do you answer your cell phone, out in public, every time it rings? Or do you silence it and get
back to it when you’re in a more private area?  My phone is silenced when I am out.  I check it 
occasionally to make sure I haven't missed an important call.

5. How often would you say you’re on your home phone? Your cell phone?  Not very often.  2-3 
times a week...this is talking on the phone.  I check my email and texts on my cell regularly.

6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you view it as a necessary communication tool?  I do not 
really enjoy talking on the phone.   I guess it is a necessary communication tool for me.

7. When did you last go for a bike ride? middle school I guess, once I got my drivers license I 
stopped riding a bike, but I rode a lot as a kid.  My exercise did not include biking.

8. Do you own a bike?  not anymore

9. Given the most popular New Year’s resolution of losing weight, would you consider putting
bicycle riding as one of your exercise options? Why or why not?  I would not, only 
because I do not have a great area to ride.  I typically walk on the treadmill, walk
outside and do aerobic exercise in my house.  I have a workout tape to follow along with.

10. If you had to name a smell that always makes you nostalgic, what would it be? What sorts of 
memories does the smell evoke?  Baking pies reminds me of my Granie's house.  I like to buy
thebakery scent candles to burn when I am not baking.

11. What did you do over the weekend? No detail is too small. This is your journal, so tell us about
 the mundane tasks in your life.  You guys!  Josh spent another day playing music for me and we 
watched an interview with Tennessee Williams.  We watched the Glass Menagerie last weekend,
so we watched an interview this weekend.  Just an update on Josh...he seems to be feeling
a lot better and he also is working as a bus boy at a Mexican restaurant.  I am so excited for him. 
It is just a couple of days a week, but that is good for him.  That way he does not get stressed
out.  He started last week, he will love getting that first paycheck.  It is good for him to be around
people  I also went to church this morning and I am currently doing laundry.


12. If it weren’t for my blog, I’d miss my friends and miss your advice and input.  I love learning tips
ad tricks that work for other people.  I also love book suggestions from you guys.

13. When was the last time you replied “because I said so”? Do you find yourself saying that a lot?
Or do you prefer to tell people WHY you want them to do something for you.  I am not a person
that says "because I said so"...That was used on me as a kid and I just hated it.  I explain
why something needs to be done.  It just works better for me.  

14. What is the worst gift you’ve ever received?  I love all gifts, it is the thought that counts.

15.  Tell us the worst gift you’ve ever given. What was the reaction of the recipient?  I have thrown
together some gifts in my life, but I try to give them something I would not mind getting.


11 comments:

  1. Hi Lori:
    I only use my cell phone when I'm out somewhere, I'm not
    a cell phone person.
    I never thought of bakery scented candles...Great Idea.
    I'm so happy for Josh, I hope this will be great for him.
    Love your answer to #15.
    Have a great Sunday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both chose scents that remind us of our grandparents!

    Good for Josh. A wise man recently said, "A job is more than a paycheck." I agree! I hope this will be the beginning of good things for your young man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news about Josh! I hope you have a beautiful Sunday, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you were 25, could you imagine talking about your weekend of laundry & your son's paycheck being a highlight? HaHa. It's sounds as though you're balanced and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha...no. I was not yet married at 25 and was always super busy doing fun things. I am happy to relax on the weekend though at this point in my life. :)

      Delete
  5. We both got that used on us as kids. I don't and never did use it either. I got your message about Davy Piper, it made me happy that you loved it (I got another too...a comfy bra is more valuable than practically life itself, LOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't even have a land line phone...well, we do, but it is turned off because all we get on it are robo calls. We just use our cell phones and we get robo calls there too, so we don't answer if we don't recognize the number. But I don't mind talking on the phone to people I know and don't get to hear from very often. I would much rather talk to a friend than just do texting or messenger...if they are someone I don't see very often and want to catch up with. I enjoyed all your answers, and your Josh sounds like a great kid. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate junk calls. I usually just slam down the phone. I am very good at doing that - well, actually, I don't slam down my smartphone - that would be crazy.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bakery scent candles. That would be lovely. And good for Josh! That first job is something almost everyone remembers with affection or regret, but it seems that this is perfect for his first job. Have a great week Lori.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.