1) Is rain expected where you are today? I am doing this on Thursday night and no, it was a beautiful sunny day. We do have rain in the forecast though.
2) In this song, Barbra Streisand warns everyone to not spoil her optimistic mood. What is something you're feeling really good about today? I am still really happy about Josh's new job. He is loving it and was asked to work an extra day this week. This is a huge big deal because of his depression and anxiety. He seems to be doing so much better.
3) She sings that life is candy and the sun is a ball of butter. Which have you consumed more recently, candy or butter? candy...chocolate to be specific.
4) This song is from the musical Funny Girl. It's based on the true story of Fanny Brice, who starred on Broadway, in movies and on the radio between 1910 and 1951. At the beginning of her career, no one thought she would succeed because of her unconventional looks, but she forged ahead, saying, "I make things happen for me." Are you focused, like Fanny? Yes. I like to think I am anyway.
5) When the stage version of Funny Girl was in pre-production, the part of Fanny was offered to actress Anne Bancroft, but she felt the songs were too difficult for her. Singer Eydie Gorme dropped out when told her husband, Steve Lawrence, could not play the male lead. Carol Burnett said she'd love to do it, but also admitted she thought she was wrong for the role. Running out of time and options, producer Ray Stark decided to give lesser-known Barbra Streisand a try ... and the rest, as they say, is history. Has there ever been a time in your life when you were glad things didn't work out as you'd originally planned? Yes, definitely. My first teaching job. I had hoped to stay there. It was really close to my house and I loved the kids. However the last year they wanted me to go to another one of the co-op schools that was an hour away...(we serviced preschool sped kids in the 4 county area). Anyway, I quit and started working at my current job. It was not until I was working somewhere else that I realized how toxic (administrators) my first job was and how unhappy I was. I love my job now and the people I work with are great. Kids are great everywhere.
6) Funny Girl was the top grossing movie of 1968. #2 was 2001: A Space Odyssey. Given the choice, would you rather watch a musical or a sci-fi flick? musical for sure!
7) Streisand's favorite color is burgundy because it reminds her of when, as a little girl, she received a hand-knitted sweater as a gift and wearing it made her feel special. What color is your favorite sweater? purple
8) In 1960, she began performing in New York clubs but she had a hard time getting work because she was only 18 and most nightclubs wouldn't hire a girl not yet old enough to drink. Do you remember your first legal alcoholic beverage? What did you have? I think it was just beer. We had a party for my 21st birthday and we were drinking beer to celebrate.
9) Random question: How many people know the real you? Probably more than should. I am a bit of an open book. I do not share everything with people, but I am not phony.