Pages

Friday, April 2, 2021

Saturday 9- Here Comes Peter Cottontail

 



Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Saturday 9: Here Comes Peter Cottontail (from the archives)

1) Which do you prefer: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside?  colored hard boiled eggs

2) What's your favorite color of Peeps (yellow, purple, or pink)?  I do not like peeps, but I like the color purple.

3) All this talk of sweets is making Sam hungry. What's for lunch?  It is Friday and I am home for Good Friday.  We are having goulash.

4) This song was introduced by country singer Gene Autry and it's still a favorite. Please share some of the lyrics. (And you're on your own; Sam didn't include a link to the song this week.)  Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail.  Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on it's way.  Then I am not sure what comes next.


5) Gene Autry was so popular that a town in Oklahoma named itself for him. Have you ever been to Oklahoma?  Most of my family is from Oklahoma, I have been there a lot.

6) He and his horse Champion also had a TV show. Can you name another famous horse?  Silver, Black Beauty

7) Gene Autry also recorded "Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer," and it was, of course, wildly popular, too. Who is your favorite recording artist?  I do not have a favorite.

8) In 1950, the year Autry recorded this song, Diner's Club issued the first credit card. Think of the last thing you purchased. Did you use cash, a credit card, a debit card, an e-wallet service (Visa Checkout, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay ...) or a check?  cash

9) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring?  Everything blooming and turning green again.  We have already mowed, so it is green, just not many flowers or leaves yet.  I am excited about flowers.  I wait until May to plant anything though.





11 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers.
    I don't like Peeps either.
    Have a great Saturday!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still having frost here so I haven't put out the birdbath and fountain yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have crocus and daffodils, things are starting to turn green

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use cash? How old school! I used to always have a couple of hundred dollars on me. Now, today there's $10. I never use it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use cash sometimes and it just so happens that is what I used for my last purchase...which was a Dr. Pepper from a soda machine.

      Delete
  5. I've never actually eaten peeps--the idea grosses me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our "spring" starts in early February, with trees starting to blossom. By now the blossoms has leafed out and we are getting ready for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have not yet mowed, but I can see it won't be far off. We're having a freezing spell at the moment but I am hoping this is the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.