Pages

Friday, January 20, 2023

Saturday 9: Kiss

 



Kiss

Saturday 9: Kiss (1986)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this week's song, Prince insists there's no particular sign he's more compatible with. Do you take astrology seriously?  Not at all.


2) He tells his prospective lover there's no need to be flirty. Are you a good flirt?  no

3) He refers to the nighttime soap opera Dynasty. Were you a fan?  I do not think I ever watched it.  We had an antenna and only a few channels came in well enough to watch.  The channel Dynasty was on was fuzzy, so we didn't watch.

4) "Kiss" was recorded at Sunset Sound Recorders in Hollywood. Built by Walt Disney Studio, it's the studio where the soundtracks to Mary Poppins and 101 Dalmatians were recorded. When you think of Disney movies, what's the first song that comes to mind?  It's A Small World.

5) Prince said he was "obsessed" with Mozart and read everything he could find about the master. Do you often read biographies? If yes, who was the last one about?  I like to read fiction.

6) He loved snacking while watching a movie in the theater and would mix Goobers (chocolate-covered peanuts) with his popcorn. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession counter?  Not as often as before, but sometimes we get this combo that has a small popcorn a small drink and some kind of candy.

7) In 1986, when this song was popular, Peewee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, this show had many, many adult viewers. Do you ever watch kids' shows today?  I teach 4-5 year olds, so sometimes we turn on a cartoon during indoor recess.

8) Also in 1986, Sears shoppers were painting their interior walls with "Country Clover," a pale beige with a hint of pink. What color is the room you're in right now?  Well, that is really close to the same color as in my living room.  Maybe we need to pick a color not from 1986.  I like it though.

9) Random question: Do you enjoy pressing the pedal to the metal and driving fast?  yes, so I use cruise control, but it is set a few miles faster than the speed limit.



10 comments:

  1. I like "Small World" too...but was it from a movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess not. I read the question wrong. I was thinking what Disney song comes to mind first. Nothing else really did last night as I was writing this...even though it should have. It was my bedtime. Probably Let It Go would be my answer.

      Delete
    2. It’s a Small World was written specifically for the Disney pavilion at the 1964 NY Worlds Fair. You’d get into a boat and travel all over the world while animatronic folks sang the song. The original pavilion was relocated to Disneyland in California, with versions installed at every Disney park.

      Delete
  2. Here's the thing I learned when researching "Country Clover:" It remains so popular that even though Sears quit selling it, the company that's linked to figured out how to recreate it. Clearly you're not the only who likes it, and it's your house so if you like looking at it, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 My mother watched it all the time.
    #5 Ditto, I like fiction over biographies.
    #8 Or in my case from the 1990s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about the color; they all come back in fashion at some point or another. Except maybe that weird green from the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm exactly like you for #9--I use my cruise control so I don't floor it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We answered the same on most of these (and do, many weeks!). I use cruise control to not speed, too!! LOL Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not like cruise control, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cruise control is a very good thing for me to help me keep from speeding too fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.