Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Tuesday 4 Meme- January







Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 in the new year. We wish you a 
very Happy New Year!

January is named for Janus the two faced god who looked into the past
 and future. Some believe he was Noah who may have been worshipped
 by his progeny. He certainly looked into the pre flood world and the new
 world. The Anglo Saxons called this month Wulfsmoanth. Let's talk about 
January.

1. January 1, 1892 Ellis Island opened it's doors. Did any of your relations
 enter the United States through Ellis Island? If not, do you know your family's
 history? I am not sure.

2. Januray's birth stone is garnet and the flower is the carnation. Do you have
 favorite gem stones or flowers? My favorite stone is Sapphire which is my 
birth stone. I like roses and carnations for flowers, but I really like all
flowers.

3. January 6 is Epiphany. Many take that day as the final day of the Christmas
 celebration and take down their decor. What about you? We took out tree
 down on January 1st and I cleaned the house really good. I like to do clean
 so I don't have to worry about it once I go back to work (today-Tuesday)
...first day back from break.

4. There is some evidence that January can set the tone for your entire year. 
What do you think of this? Do you make resolutions, etc? I don't know.
 If you are setting good habits and sticking to it, it could set the tone. I
 do not make resolutions. I did once or twice and even did good most of
 the year, but they just do not work out for me.












8 comments:

  1. We share some similar answers, so I like your answers, lol. I too like to try and have a clean house on the 1st of the month or last of December. It's a challenge given the holiday but it's sure nice when you can be all organized to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. I need to take my tree down. I probably would've done it the 1st or 2nd but we were having company on the 2nd and I wanted it to still look festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed visiting today! I'm noticing most have chosen their birth stone as their favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers, Lori. I put decorations away but haven't cleaned good yet. I can take my time at that but do have company coming on the 14th so I do have a deadline of sorts. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you and I are birthday twins! I am also a September baby and love the sapphire! We just took our tree down today and it does feel good to set the house back to normal again. I won't say it's really CLEAN, but it is cleaned up, if that makes sense! LOL. I hope your school days are pleasant and joyful. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, Our school district starts back up next week. I am still putting away things. I have several rose bushes. Do you grow them? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.