Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Word of the Year

 


If I am telling the truth, I am feeling more apprehensive about the New Year.  I felt that way the past couple of years though.  Instead of apprehensive, I am going with the word Hope.  Hope is defined as a feeling of expectation and desire for something to happen or a feeling of trust.  I am going for the latter.  I know good things as well as bad things will happen this year in my life and in the world.  I am getting older, my mom is getting older.  I am going to hope and pray this year brings us good things and when the bad things happen, I am going to trust everything to be ok.  I know this is kind of depressing from me, but that is how I am feeling as I write this.  I really think that we need to plan some things to look forward to.  Weekend trips, theater, movie night.  It could be anything.  I want it to be a vacation at some point.  Just things to look forward to.

Anyway, Josh finished work yesterday (New Year's Eve).  He will be off until March.  I am glad for him to have a break.  I love having breaks from work.  It is a time to rest and refresh.

I am trying to get in one more book before I go back to work on Tuesday.  I am reading The Dutch House by Ann Patchett.  It is really good so far.

I hope you all have a great New Year!



5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful word! Wishing you a beautiful happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope is a great word and we all need a bunch of hope going forward! I HOPE you get that much needed vacation, Lori. Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful word for the year. The Dutch House audio is narrated by Tom Hanks--it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope is a great word and I had it in 2021. I had Peace for 2020. Praying for you to have both! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am going to trust everything to be ok." I think that's a terrific sentiment, and hope is a wonderful word.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.