Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tuesday 4 Meme- Food and Health


Food and Health

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4....

How we eat, drink and exercise are important to our health. Let's talk about it.


1. Do you believe you eat a healthy diet and what makes it healthy?  I really try to have a healthy balanced diet, but if I am being truthful, I could do a lot better.

2. What sort of drinks do you have with meals or between meals. Does it include enough water?  I have two caffeine drinks in the morning and I drink water the rest of the day.  I need the caffeine to get myself going.

3. Do you enjoy snacks throughout the day and what kind do you enjoy?  I eat more snacks when I am at home, but when I am working, I do not have snacks.  I like chocolate and crackers.

4. How do you make sure you get enough vitamins and minerals in your diet?   I eat a balanced diet, I try anyway.  I take some supplements...mostly for immune system though.  I need to be on a good multi-vitamin...any suggestions?



7 comments:

  1. I know it is difficult to stay on the best diet when you are working. In my post today I mentioned a multivitamin that my Doctor recommends so much that they actually give it to us for free! "Two per day". You are supposed to take two a day (not at the same time), but I admit I usually forget to take the 2nd one, but they have enough vitamins in them that even taking just one seems like enough to me, along with a good well balanced diet. Anyway, my labs always show that I have enough of the essential vitamins in me, so I guess I'm doing something right. have a blessed and wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I don't eat healthy, although I do have some fruit each morning with a glass on milk. I drink a lot of soft drink and I have a glass of water with meals,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed because I ate a bag of chips I got in my stocking with my "healthy" sandwich. If I eat "healthy for my heart, I don't get enough protein. If I get enough protein, I raise my cholesterol. If I take cholesterol medicine, it raises my blood sugar. I can't swallow the large pills, so I take gummies that have sugar in it. I need my morning coffee too. Take care Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat too many carbs and need to get back to low-carb now. I take a multi-vitamin for women over 50. I stay pretty healthy and also take elderberry to boost my immune system. I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori, I loved reading your answers. It's hard for some of us to be balanced and consistent in how we eat but at least we can keep trying to do better. I too sometimes take vitamins and supplements then I go through periods of not taking any. I think the good ones at Vit. A, C, B complex,D3, Zinc, Magnesium and CoQ10. I mostly have to buy these separately but from time to time I take Centrum multivitamins if I get tired of all the other individual ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also take a multi-vitamin powder like Vega All in One when I don't want to swallow pills.

      Delete
  6. I take a multi-vitamin each day for people 50 or older.
    I don't eat healthy (shame on me).
    Went to the doctor yesterday and I have actually have gained weight.
    I now weigh 101lbs (I have passed the 90's).

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.