Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about separation. Who is the last person you said goodbye (or maybe just "so long") to? Maybe my coworker...just a see you soon.
2) This week's featured artist, Paul Young, was a gifted athlete during his school days and briefly played professional football (aka soccer). Sam enjoys playing tennis, though her serve doens't give Serena Williams anything to worry about. What's something you enjoy doing, even if you don't excel? Singing! I love to sing. I am not terrible, but not good either.
3) Mr. Young and his wife Stacy were married for 31 years, until her death in 2018. What do you think is the key to a happy marriage? Being able to have fun together and laugh.
4) Paul Young's performance of this hit song was one of the highlights of the July 1985 Live Aid Concert. This international benefit raised more than $100 million to alleviate hunger in Ethiopia. Tell us about a charity you support. We support Convoy of Hope which gets food trucks and water to people in crisis from hurricanes, tornadoes...you name it, they go. We also support St. Jude which help kids with cancer. We also give to the local homeless shelter.
5) This song was written by Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates. What's your favorite Hall and Oates song? Kiss on My List, Rich Girl, Maneater.
6) In 1985, when this song was popular, the New Coke was unsuccessfully introduced. What's the last beverage you drank? Sprite
7) In 1985, the New York Stock Exchange had to close because of Hurricane Gloria. Has a hurricane shared your name? (Find a list of recent/upcoming storm names here.) I see a Laura, but not a Lori.
8) 1985 was the year that the Titanic wreckage was discovered. There have been at least 11 movies and TV shows about the fatal voyage. Have you seen any of them? I saw Titanic with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslett in 1997, but that is the only one I can recall.
9) Random question: Would you rather own and run a coffee shop or a shoe store? Why? I do not drink coffee and I hate shopping for shoes because I have such problems with shoes....I am going to say a shoe store though because maybe if I was actually in a shoe store all of the time I could find some that would make me and my feet happy.