Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

Saturday 9- Venus in Blue Jeans

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


Saturday 9: Venus in Blue Jeans (1962)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Like the dream girl described in this song, Sam is wearing jeans as she composes this Saturday 9. Is there a lot of denim in your wardrobe?  Definitely.  I wear jeans almost every day.

2) Jimmy Clanton likens this girl to the Venus de Milo, the ancient Greek sculpture made of marble and now on display at the Louvre. Is there any marble in your home?  Not that I am aware of.

3) He refers to his girl as "Mona Lisa with a pony tail." The Mona Lisa is also at the Louvre. What's the last museum you visited?  We went to a Native American Museum in Muskogee, OK several years ago.    We are planning to go to an art museum in Arkansas this summer though.

4) This girl is so awesome, she's the 8th Wonder of the World! Without looking it up, could you name the other 7?  Oh goodness no.

5) Jimmy Clanton spent his entire professional life behind a microphone. After he quit selling records, he began spinning them as a DJ. Do you consider the sound of your voice one of your better qualities?  I used to think I sang good, but no, not really.

6) At age 80, Mr. Clanton still performs. He averaged an appearance/month in 2018. Some of his fans were surprised that he has let his pompadour go completely white. Do you color your hair?  I highlight my hair.

7) In 1962, when this song was popular, Americans were reading about 5-year-old First Daughter, Caroline Kennedy, and her pony, Macaroni. Tell us about a pet you had when you were very young.  Oh dear, we just had this question on Wednesday. I had a pet dog (shi'tzu) named Kai.  He was a gift from my Grandmother on my dad's side.  She was a shi'tzu breeder.  Well, my mom hates dogs, so she made us keep Kai outside and shi'tzu's have long beautiful hair.  Kai's hair was a matted mess.  I hate thinking about it really.  I always told myself I would never let my pets live outside when I got older and I haven't.  We had Kai several years and when I went to college he mysteriously died.  I mean, I don't believe that.  I think my parents had him put to sleep.  He would have been about 9 years old. *sigh*

8) Decades later, Caroline Kennedy was the first woman to serve as US Ambassador to Japan. Have you ever been to Asia?  no

9) Random question: When talking among themselves, who do you think is more open and honest about sex -- men or women?  I think as kids, neither tell the truth.  


**so sorry about the font size.  I tried to change it to large and it will not save correctly, it is saving as smallest.

11 comments:

  1. What a horrible story about your pup! I hate outside dogs, too. All dogs are pack animals and need to be with their pack (us). I have never and will never have an outside dog, either.

    Blogger often gives me issues about the font size when I copy the memes, too. Country Dew told me last week that she copies and pastes to Notebook and then copies it from there to solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. That story about your dog is sad. See Stacy's response above for how I fix issues with the memes. Usually works. But you also have to hit SAVE a lot and then try to change the font. If you haven't hit SAVE it won't take. Blogger is a little messed up sometimes, and since they took away the Google+ and basically reverted back to what it was before that failed adventure, I've had more issues with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try going into HTML and removing the font code.

    Poor little Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably responded way too much on Wednesday about the sad dog stories. It grieves me so when pets are left outside. I hope you are able to get your fonts fixed. What museum in Arkansas will you be visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wearing jeans and a denim jacket this morning the weather is cool on the cape this morning.
    P.S. If you are like me, writing the answers in MS Word and pasting it in Blogger, paste it as "Paste in plain text" otherwise it carries the Word formatting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get annoyed at blogger when things don't work right no matter how hard you try to get it the way you want... Still sad about your dog. I love your answers!! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite uncle and his wife had a mixed marriage. Not in terms of religion or race, but pets. He was an animal lover, she thought they were inherently dirty and belonged outside. They agreed that he could have a yellow lab but it had to stay outside (in their massive and beautiful yard) or, when it got too cold, the mud room. She was such a good girl, she would never step foot into that kitchen. But I could hear her tail fwap-fwap-fwapping on the tile floor while we were having Thanksgiving dinner. She wanted to be with us sooo badly! I'd skip dessert and go sit on the mud room floor with her. My aunt would tsk at me. But it seemed so mean to keep her separate from us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogger drives me crazy sometimes... sometimes it just is what it is.. once it won't work right it can't be fixed! I wish my transposed letters in typing could be fixed too, but that sometimes what it is , too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of your blog Lori. All set for the 4th. Enjoyed reading your post and was wondering why the font was so small. Have you tried going into your Blogger setup and click on THEME and then Advanced setting to set the Post size? That usually works for me. Have a blessed day dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor pup! Very sad. I like the look of your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.