Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Wednesday Medley- NATIONAL GARFIELD THE CAT DAY

http://tdorsaneo.blogspot.com/

NATIONAL GARFIELD THE CAT DAY – June 19

National Garfield the Cat Day - June 19


1.  If you have ever followed the Garfield comic strip, you know Garfield loves lasagne.  What is your favorite Italian food?  Do you over-indulge when it comes to pasta?  I always get Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.
2.  Tell us about your very first pet.  If you have never had a pet, can you tell us about an animal that touched your life in some way?  My first pet was a Shi'Tzu named Kai.  My mom made him live outside and if you are know about the breed of dog you know they have long hair and it would get matted.  I always said if I had dogs as an adult I would never let them live outside.  My mom hates animals.
3.  Garfield sleeps his day away, only waking to eat or sweet talk his girlfriend Arleen.  How many hours sleep do you normally get each night?  How much sleep do you really need?  I try to get 7-8 hours of sleep and I need 8 hours.
4.  Garfield lets the mice in the house have their way.  When was the last time you had to chase out a little varment?  Last summer I had birdseed in our house to feed the birds and it attracted mice.  We got rid of those and I am not feeding the birds anymore.  I have fed the birds for many years.  That had never happened before. 
5.  Garfield also loves his teddy bear Pooky. Did you have a favorite stuffed animal when you were young (or now!)?  If you didn't or don't, what about someone you know?  I really never did have a favorite stuffed animal that I carried around or anything else for that matter.  I even tried to sleep with stuffed animals and I couldn't sleep.  Josh has a little stuffed dog he is attached to.  I think it helps him with his anxiety somehow.
6.  Please tell us something about your week, so far!  This is a busy week for me, but nothing fun to report about.  I have been reading a book Josh gave me to read  The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion By Fannie Flagg.  I am enjoying it very much.  It has been years since I have been lost in a book.  Has anyone read it?  It is an easy read like I had asked about in another meme.  Click the picture of the book to read a review about the book if you are interested.
http://fannieflaggbooks.com/books/the-all-girl-filling-stations-last-reunion-tr

11 comments:

  1. Fannie Flagg's books are always fun!! I'll have to look for this one! Thanks for joining the Medley, Lori!! I like anything Alfredo, too!! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read that book, but it sounds interesting... I may have to see if I can pick it up from the library! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby's favorite is chicken fettuccini alfredo too. We also feed the birds and keep our seed in a plastic storage bin for that very reason...our birds would not like it if we stopped filling their tummies...lol! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living outside, no wonder that poor dog got so matted. Shi'Tzus were bred to be lapdogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor dog. My parents always thought a dog belonged outside, too and so we never had an inside dog growing up. They both were from the country and dogs stayed outside. My dogs have always been inside and spoiled. I don't see the point of having a dog if it can't be in the house. So sad to see a dog outside looking lonely. Our neighbors have had several dogs which they left outside and it made me sick to see that in the extreme cold or heat. I've not read that book, but I have been reading like crazy this past year. Now I'm in a book club and really enjoying our discussions of the books we read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Nonnie just said … LOL! I could actually see myself behind bars for 'liberating' someone's lonely pooch. Ha!
    I'm going to look for that book; I'm in the mood for something 'easy.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your patriotic look! I enjoyed your answers and getting to know you a little more. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your visit. I'm planning on introducing bird feeders into my garden. Now I'm thinking about where to store the seed lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Gloria AlbinJune 21, 2019 at 9:51 AM
      Love your patriotic theme and answers to your
      Wednesday Medley.
      I don't know how to put up a different theme and
      definitely don't want to lose my original one.

      Delete
  10. Your book sounds good! I do love your patriotic background. I just keep mine the same year round ... boring, I know, but I like it. I keep a Christmas themed background on my Christmas blog and am fine with not changing it. But oh -- this patriotic one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.