Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Wednesday Medley- NATIONAL MAKING LIFE BEAUTIFUL DAY

http://tdorsaneo.blogspot.com/

NATIONAL MAKING LIFE BEAUTIFUL DAY



1.  Tell us about a time you made someone's life beautiful or someone made YOUR life beautiful.  Since this sort of just happened, I will talk about how the parents at the preschool made me feel so loved at the end of the school year with all of their kind words, gifts, sweet tea and candy.  Their children make my life beautiful also.  Currently though my son is making my life beautiful by sharing the movies he loves and books too.  I just love spending time with him.


2.  Will you take on the challenge and smile more often on June 15th?  Why not start now!!  Have you been blessed by a smile that changed your day?  I have.  It always makes me feel so much happier to be greeted with a smile.  I always smile and tell people good morning or hello.  It is so easy to do and free too!  Just do it!


3.  Terri is a cancer survivor.  Cancer has touched most of us in one way or another.  When did someone reach out to you with an act of kindness or when did you last perform a random act of kindness for someone?  When my dad passed away from complications from Alzheimer's there were so many people that reached out to me to share stories about my dad and how he had touched their lives.  My dad was a high school teacher.  It really did make that awful time better to know how much everyone loved him.  This picture is of he and I when I graduated college.




4.  Terri admits that this turned out to be not what she thought it would be.  Our country has come a long way in recognizing that people are people and our differences are what makes life beautiful, but we still have a long way to go, unfortunately.  Your thoughts?  I agree.  I think this country has come a long way.  I also believe that things do not change over night and we have to be patient.  I think things will continue to get better.


5.  Had to lighten it up a bit.  Terri is a total klutz in the kitchen.  Tell us about something klutzy that happened in your kitchen... by you or another!  Can you laugh about it now?  This is so embarrassing!  I was frying some chicken and my stove burner was having some trouble, well the next thing I know...the burner is on FIRE!  I grab my chicken off and get the fire put out.  The burner was ruined...my chicken was not though, I turned on another burner and moved my chicken to another pan...the pan was ruined too...and finished cooking it and it was delicious.  I mean...who starts a FIRE in their kitchen?  I DO!!!  Yes, I do laugh about it now.  I laughed about it that night!

6.  Share something about your week so far, if you would.  Those of you who have been following my blog know last summer my son was diagnosed with depression and anxiety.  They have had a really hard time finding the right medicine for him.  It either doesn't help or the side effects are too much.  Well, he seems to have a good combination right now AND...he started volunteering at the library this week.  He has never worked...his anxiety is too bad.  I thought, well what if you volunteer for a couple of days a week...then if he wanted to stop, it would not be a big deal.  Well, so far so good.  He is loving his volunteering at the library.  He chose this because he thinks it will be slow paced and not bother his anxiety too much.  I just want him to realize he CAN get out there and meet people and be ok.  I will keep you posted.


10 comments:

  1. All your answers were enjoyable. Loved especially the love you felt from the kids and how everyone shared about your dad. Haha to the fried chicken story as I can so relate. Our answers were fairly similar about smiles. I’m glad to read about your son at the library and hope it will be a really good experience for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers, as usual... I remember that last day of scbool and all the nice things I'd bring home from my students... the appreciation feels very good..Waht a sweet dad you had and I love that photo... precious memories!Honey, dont feel bad about the fire ... I started a fire in my daughter's new condo kitchen. I was cooking there for Christmas and whammo the oven caught on fire! What a mess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alzheimer's is such a painful thing for all involved. My mom and by extension our whole family also suffered because of it. I love the photo of you and your dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're supposed to cook the chicken, not flambe the stove...

    My dad was a teacher and principal. We lost him to Parkinson's at age 88. Even though he had retired at age 62, there were people form his school who showed up to share stories about him.

    glad to hear your son is making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I didn't realize you lost your dad to Alzheimers. That's one of my biggest fears. Your students (and by proxy, their parents) are so blessed. Props to your son; I sure know how the fear of failure can be paralyzing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lori...that is so exciting about your son! I will be praying he is able to stay at the library and that the experience opens more doors for him! Enjoy your summer days with him. I miss those days so much. My kids and I used to have wonderful times together. You're a great teacher and you really care...I've run into too many that don't...of course your students and parents love and appreciate you. I am sorry about your dad. I never had any experience with Alzheimers or dementia before I got my current job and I won't lie...ending up with either is now my biggest fear. I enjoyed your answers today. Blessings on the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God your son took that big step and is enjoying his volunteering at the Library! Thanks for joining the Medley today! It really was a medley! I am sorry to learn about your dad's Alzheimer's. A terrible disease. I'm sure he was proud of you following in his teaching footsteps! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so exciting that your son is volunteering at the library and enjoying it. What a wonderful place for him to be -- really, it seems just the right fit. That was a great idea and I hope it works out beautifully for him.

    Your kitchen klutz story had to top them all -- well, except for the commenter above who started a fire in someone else's kitchen! I put a link on my Medley post to several of my own klutzy incidents. The most recent kitchen moment was not my fault, though. We had guests and were sitting around the table chatting. I went upstairs to get something and while I was gone something exploded in the kitchen! We didn't find the cause till the next morning. Our fridge was freezing things in the back of it, and a bottle of kombucha had frozen and then exploded! You can imagine what a mess that made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about losing your Dad to Alzheimer's. Lost my Mom the same way. It is a heart-crushing disease. So glad Josh likes working at the library!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.