Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tuesday 4 Meme- Music

Tuesday 4 is hosted  in memory of Toni Taddeo who started it a few years ago and I hope you will join in with us each week. It is a great way to visit new bloggers, make friends and discover new and interesting things about your friends.


The topic for this week's Tuesday 4 meme is Music..


1. Do you play a musical instrument? no.  I played the flute
in band in Jr. high and I played the piano a little (by ear),
but I do not play anything anymore.

2. Have you taken music lessons? What kind. If not, is there
one you might enjoy learning. It is never too late to start.
I learned to play flute in band, but I couldn't play it anymore.
I always wanted lessons to learn to play piano, I still would
like that.

3. Is there music in your home as background to your day's
activities or do you have music playing in your car, etc.?
If so, what kind of music do you enjoy hearing?
It is usually quiet in my house during the day and I read
or do whatever I need to do, when Karl comes home the tv
comes on.  In my car, I listen to the radio.  I usually listen
to 80's music, but sometimes I turn it on Top 40.  I love to
listen to classical music, but there is not a station here anymore.
I even called and asked.

4.  Do you have a favorite composer or genre of music that you
like most? Maybe you like several. Please share with us your thoughts?
I like rock n roll, classical, old country, ragtime, bluegrass....listen...I like almost all kinds of music except for rap...and I like Eminem, so I like some rap.  I don't love the
new country and sometimes blues is just not for me.

10 comments:

  1. We both should make it a goal to learn piano in the next year! Its been on my bucket list to do. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers today.
    You are quite musical.
    Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO rap for me, I just can't stand it, grin. I enjoyed your answers, hope you have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I took a lot of piano, I could never play by ear I would love to ... you ought to keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took flute too but it made me dizzy sometimes so I Hated to play. I hope you do take piano lessons. It really is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, in reference to your comment, I loved to play like Aaron Copeland's Rites of spring and other songs that sounded like sunrise or donkeys clopping or rainy storms and have the students draw pictures of what they were hearing Sometimes they would start one thing and then when the mood was more evident, they come and say, oh, Mrs Cyphers, can I please start over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 'new' country isn't country, it's more rock than anything. We listen to a sirius channel that plays the old country. Hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I regret not keeping up with piano lessons because I would love to play today... but not enough to take lessons or buy a keyboard. Sigh. It was a fun Tuesday 4!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I listen to Pandora radio on my cell phone and I can choose just about anything. I really don't care for rap, but I did enjoy it the musical Alexander Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.