Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Tuesday 4 Meme- Gift of the Magi

 

Gift of the Magi

Welcome to Tuesday 4 kept up in honor and memory of Toni Taddeo.
Let's talk about gifts this week.


1. Whether it's Christmas, Chanukah or a birthday party nice gifts can be hard to pick out. Is there a safe go to gift you think will fit anyone?  no, not really.  My favorite go to gifts are lotions and candles from Bath & Bodyworks.  I think they make nice gifts and I love getting them as gifts.  They are definitely not for everyone though.  Some people are allergic.  I also love scarves and winter fuzzy socks.


2. Is wrapping a gift a necessary part of the excitement of giving and receiving?  I think so.  You could wrap an empty box and I would be excited just because it was wrapped.  Plus the surprise of finding out what it is.

3. What gifts given to you did you love the most?  My Papa built me a Barbie dollhouse and doll furniture when I was little.  It was by far the best gift  I ever got.  It has carpet and curtains made from samples from my parents house and my Grandparents house.  My Granie made blankets for the beds and curtains for the windows.  I really need to take a picture of it.  It is at my mom and dad's house.

4. In the O. Henry book The Gift of the Magi, a man sells his pocket watch to buy some beautiful hair combs for his wife's long hair but she has sold her hair to buy him a platinum pocket watch chain.

Have you ever saved long and hard to buy someone a special gift? Would you be okay with a holiday that didn't include gifts? Would friends and family understand?  I have spent money on Josh like that,  but not so much we had to save for a long time.  It was probably a video game of some kind.  He never did like to play games like that.  I would be ok with no gifts, but I enjoy buying them for other people.


7 comments:

  1. Our family are adults now so we just get money cards for the great grandchildren.
    I enjoyed all of your answers.
    Have a good Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be fun to see your Barbie house!! I like buying for others too, Lori. I have everything I need so don't wish for anything other than the joy I see in loved ones' faces! I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bath and Body Works! Right now I'm enjoying Vanilla Bean Noel hand soap :) Stop by if you get the chance:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2020/12/tuesday-4-gift-of-magi-1282020.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you do post a picture of the doll house we'd love to see it. Hope Tuesday is a great day for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, could we get along. Give me a big bag full of Bath and Body Works and some fuzzy socks and I am a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those make lovely gifts. Great sales this year! Those are awesome gifts you received. I do love buying gifts for people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.