Saturday 9: Don't Get Around Much Anymore (1942)
Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.
2) The lead singer is tenor Bill Kenny. Which range is your voice: soprano, alto, tenor or bass? alto
3) When Bill was on vacation in Atlantic City, he entered a series of talent contests and won 21 of 22. This led to his first professional booking. Tell us about a vacation of yours that took an unexpected turn. Josh and I went to San Antonio with Karl's sisters and kids and the condo we had booked was very dirty. We were without a place to stay for a bit. It was a rough start, but it was a pretty good vacation.
4) This song was composed by Duke Ellington. He received many honors, including a coin struck in his honor. In 2009, he graced the District of Columbia's commemorative quarter. Do you save coins in a jar or piggy bank? Karl does.
5) In 1976, Stevie Wonder recorded a tribute to Ellington called "Sir Duke." What's your favorite Stevie Wonder song? I kind of like part Time Lover.
9) Random question -- Have you ever deliberately lost a game? Yes. I let kids win at games sometimes. I am not a person that always let's them win, but I want them to keep interested and if they always lose, well they will not want to play and get better. The fourth graders beat me at Connect Four fair and square. I started out winning, but they got better and I did not....hahahahaha.