Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

Saturday 9- Mom (2016)




 



Mom

Saturday 9: Mom (2016)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Meghan Trainor's mom gets a vocal credit on this song ("featuring Kelli Trainor") because the audio of a mother/daughter phone call is included on the recording. Who is the last person you spoke to (not texted!) on the phone?  My friend at the primary school Lori.  She called me the other night.

2) The earliest version of this song was a poem co-written by Meghan and her brother as a gift to their mom. Do you enjoy writing/crafting/baking or [insert your skill here] gifts for people?  buying.  I am not good at making anything.  I got my mom an outdoor plant for Mother's Day.  I will plant it when I go visit her after school Friday.  It will brighten up her house.

3) Meghan's mom ran Jewel of the Isle, a jewelry store in Nantucket, MA. Have you ever visited Massachusetts? If so, where have you gone?  no, we always travel South.

4) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and dozens of other special occasions. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?  I do not buy cards very often.  I bet it was Lori though.  I sent her a sympathy card when her husband passed away.

5) While Crazy Sam was growing up, her mother used to scold her for leaving dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as an adult she still puts off washing her dishes. Are you more like mother or daughter? Do you clean up after every meal, or do you let the dishes stack up?  If I am cooking, I clean up as I go and I leave the kitchen clean.  If I am snacking or having something easy and small, I tend to put my dish in the sink.

6) Mother's Day is for grandmothers, too. Sam grew up calling her grandmother "Grandgran." What did you call your grandmother?  Granny

7) The German word for "mother" is "mutter." What other German words do you know?  I never studied German, so not many...danke is thank-you though.

8) In the United Kingdom, Mothering Sunday is celebrated. It's on the fourth Sunday in Lent (March 14 this year) and in addition to flowers and cards, mothers are treated to Simnel cake. Are you going to indulge in any sweets this weekend?  I will probably have a sweet snack, but not anything crazy.

9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her mother's favorite: Hershey Bars! Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate with almonds?  YES!  I love them all.  I will pick the one with almonds probably.  I do love all of them though.






13 comments:

  1. #9 -- That's the thing about Hershey Bars, isn't it? They're ALL good. More than once I've tossed one in my cart while I'm waiting at checkout, just because they're so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to #9.
    Have a nice day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you answers...I am allergic to Almonds though. Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your answers. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, I am learning German from this weeks meme, I learned gezunt heit and now danke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the smokehouse almonds, but I'm not a fan of milk chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember talking on the phone for hours before cell phones. Now I avoid answering the phone at all costs. Send me a text, please, LOL. I hope you have a very happy Mother's Day, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (I think you have the wrong meme name on this post--I was confused)

    I love your answers. :)

    I can't believe you're not crafty--isn't it a job requirement?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a plant is nice. I use to buy my mom books. I got some of them back after she passed. Sadly she lost the ability to read and then talk because of Alzheimer's. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes to anything Hershey! Another fun nine questions! I enjoyed reading your post, Lori! Happy Mother's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori, I always tend to get my mom a plant of sort as well. I get my love of gardening from her. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are having my mother-in-law up for dinner. Our first visit in a long time. I baked a cake yesterday to have with the meal, so there will be a little sweet in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lori,
    I hope your week is starting out great! Soooo, did your husband know about The Bad Batch? Heehee. I'll have to check out that Mighty Ducks you mentioned, that's on Netflix, too.

    Have a spiffy week ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.