Pages

Friday, June 25, 2021

Saturday 9- One Bad Apple

 



One Bad Apple

One Bad Apple (1971)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is a play on the old saying that one bad apple can spoil the bunch, or that the bad behavior of one member can reflect badly on the whole group. Do you think that's true?  I do think that is true, unless you know the group really well and know better.  My mom always told me "you are judged by the company you keep".  I can't say I stay away from people because of that though.  I like everyone and try to give everyone a chance.
 
2) The Osmonds began as The Osmond Brothers, a barbershop quartet that performed at the original Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Today there are 9 Disney Resorts all around the world, as far away as Shanghai. Have you ever been to a Walt Disney property?  We have been to Disney World a few times, so that includes Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot.  We did not stay at a Disney resort, but I would love to.  Josh fell in love with Cinderella at Disney World.  Such fun memories.  He still loves Cinderella.  Sorry this is grainy, our camera pictures are so bad.  I like the cell phone pictures so much better.


 
3) By the time the Osmonds made this record, Donny had joined the group and became their breakout star. Without looking it up, can you name any of the other four brothers who performed in video clip?  no, not right now.
 
4) In the 1970s, adolescent girls learned through teen magazines that Donny's favorite color is purple, and that he was especially fond of purple socks. Today, socks are a very big business. There are designer sock manufacturers and even a sock of the month club. Is there a wardrobe item you're very particular about?  I like Bombas socks ...they help my feet and legs to not hurt so much..and Davy Piper (Nellie) bras....are the most comfortable bra I have ever had. I also like Saucony tennis shoes.  They fit my feet so good and they are comfortable.  I left links if you want ton take a look.

5) Donny and younger sister Marie had their own TV variety show. One regular segment had them performing a medley of popular songs, and it began with Marie singing, "I'm a little bit country," followed by Donny's musical reply, "I'm a little bit rock and roll." In this regard, are you more like sister or brother?  I am a bit of both, but I will go with brother.  I like rock and roll the most.
 
6) Donny's popularity continues today. Fans have seen him win Dancing with the Stars (season 9) and come in as a runner up on the first season of The Masked Singer. Do you watch either of these shows -- or other competition series, like American Idol, The Voice, America's Got Talent, etc.?  I only watch The Voice.  I watch it to keep in touch with a friend...we text during The Voice and talk about it.  We would lose touch otherwise.  I do not like watching The Voice too much, but it is worth it to stay in touch.


7) Donny has also appeared on Broadway. He surprised audiences and got rave reviews as arrogant bad guy Gaston in Disney's Beauty and the BeastTell us about a time when your behavior surprised those who know you well.  I can't think of anything.  I will think about it.

8) Donny is also a grandfather, many times over! Sam admits she's not crazy about that revelation because it makes her feel old. What's something that makes you feel your years?  My aching body makes me feel old.  Otherwise, I feel like the kids at school keep me young.

9) Random question: We're filling a pinata with your favorite candies. What should we buy?  Dove chocolates, skittles, M&M's.  I love candy, I would be so happy to have my very own pinata of candy...hee, hee.


9 comments:

  1. I see Bombas ads all the time but they are so expensive...and I've read a lot of bad reviews about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice of you to leave links. I like your siggy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...how adorable is that photo of Josh and Cinderella?! Just look at that happy little face. :)
    I am going to have to look up those socks. I find I'm having trouble with socks lately.
    The achy body is a brutal truth-teller! lol
    Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how happy your son looks in that photo. What a lovely memory.

    Bombas sounds like a wonderful company. I've heard about their commitment to inclusion and helping the homeless.

    I want to take a swing at your pinata.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #8 Young in mind, old in body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check out those Bombas socks. I love my skiing socks (even though I don't ski) in the winter - the compression feels so good! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree that the kids at school keep me young. Until they tell me that I'm "much" older than their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun Saturday 9! I looked at your links. Interesting! The socks are really expensive but look comfy! Love Josh with Cinderella! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband thinks the repartee between the judges on The Voice is what makes the show. I prefer the singing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.