Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Saturday 9: The Curly Shuffle (1983)

 



Curly Shuffle

Saturday 9: The Curly Shuffle (1983)

Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.

1) This song is a valentine to The Three Stooges. Are you a fan?  I never had the opportunity to really watch them much and appreciate their craft.  I do remember the song Curly Shuffle though.  I would have been 12 years old. 

2) It was released to coincide with the Three Stooges getting a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. That's the Hollywood in California. There are 23 other Hollywoods in the United States and two in Ireland. Have you ever visited any of these 26 Hollywoods? If so, which one?  I haven't been to any of them.

3) The inspiration for this song was Jerome Horowitz, aka Curly Howard of The Three Stooges. He had many signature phrases, including "nyuk, nyuk, nyuk," "woob, woob, woob," and "sointenly." Give us a movie quote, and be sure to tell us who said it.  I love this movie.  Ferris (Matthew Broderick) said the quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.



4) Curly's older brother, Moses Horowitz, was better known as Moe Howard. Moe was convinced that Lou Costello of Abbott & Costello developed his screen persona by stealing from Curly. It turns out he was right! Lou Costello was previewing early prints of Three Stooges films before they were released to the public. Tell us about a time your gut instinct told you something that turned out to be true.    I am not sure.  It happens, but it is nothing major.

5) The third Stooge, Larry, was Louis Feinberg. Though he became famous as a movie comic, he was also a talented musician. When he was 11, he received an invitation to study violin at a European conservatory, but because of WWI he was unable to go. Tell us about plans of yours that were interrupted because of circumstances beyond your control (weather, the pandemic, etc.).  Many years ago (18)...Josh was 5 and he turned 23 on Wednesday...we had a vacation planned to Disney World and we were to stay for two weeks in Florida.  Karl had made arrangements for us to stay at a motel and had already paid for it.  It was a few days before we were to leave and I got the flu and a double ear infection.  Karl took me to urgent care and I got anti-biotics...the flu went away on it's own.   We took our vacation, but Josh slept with Karl and I slept by myself so I could sleep good.  I had to take medicine while we were at the Disney World park.  My ears hurt, but I felt fine other than that.  I am so glad we went because Karl hasn't been on a vacation since.   Hopefully we can plan a vacation next summer or so.  Anyway, our plans were interrupted in the sense that I did not feel 100%.  

6) As a teen, Larry took up boxing and won several bouts. His father disapproved of the sport and put an end to his boxing career. Did you participate in sports during your teen years?  I was in track in middle school and I was in cheerleading in high school.
 
7) Today the Three Stooges Fan Club has more than 2,000 members and publishes a quarterly newsletter filled with rare photos, interviews, trivia and a marketplace where fans can buy and sell Stooge memorabilia. Have you ever belonged to a fan club?  no

8) In 1983, Princess Diana was the world's top cover girl. Her influence was credited for reviving Britain's fashion and tourist industries. When you think of Britain, what's the first thing that comes to mind?  Big Ben or the Royal Family.  Even Plastic Man. and Mrs. PM.

9) Random question -- Your best friend needs help hanging a picture. Would you be comfortable holding the nail so your friend could swing the hammer?  Honestly, my friends are much like me, I think they would all be very careful.  I would trust them and hold the nail for them.  I wouldn't hold one for my husband...he works in commercial construction and he would be swinging hard.  He wouldn't need me to hold a nail for him though.


9 comments:

  1. How unfair that you had an earache at The Happiest Place on Earth!

    I bet your husband is swift and powerful with that hammer. I think letting him handle it himself is a wise decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 Reminded me of the time I went to Washington with my brother's family for a wedding and my nephew was taking Interferon every day for his cancer (It worked and he has been cancer free for 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got treated before you headed to Florida...can't imagine getting sick while there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the quote you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not participating today but wanted to comment
    on your answers which I enjoyed.
    What a bummer that you got sick before going on vacation.
    Glad you got on medication but still sorry to know you didn't
    feel 100%.
    Have a great day my friend!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/



    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Ferris Bueller quote! That was such a fun movie and Ferris had some pretty good thoughts. Plus, who doesn't rock out to the parade scene? I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ferris Bueller... such a great movie!
    http://inmywords.kimdeister.com/2021/08/07/saturday-9-the-curly-shuffle/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your fellow needs a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to watch that movie! I like the quote! Fun answers to the fun questions, Lori! Sorry you were sick for your vacation to Disney. Come back!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.