Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Sunday Stealing

 

 


 
 

1. What is the nearest book to you? Your Kindle does not count. The 
Wonderboy of Whistlestop by Fannie Flagg. I borrowed it from a
friend last year and haven't seen her, but I will take it to school 
with me and give it back soon.  We will be in the same building
again this year.

2. When was the last time you took a "me" vacation  It has been around 7
years.  We are starting to look at vacation destinations though.

3. How many telephone numbers do you have?  LOTS!  I have all of my pre-k
kid parent numbers in my phone along with all of my other contacts.  I need
to go through it.

4. If you could fix one thing in the public school system, what is the one thing
you would do immediately?  The thing I did not like much being at the 
elementary last year was all of the testing.  It is awful on the kids and the 
teachers.  I think it tells you how that child is doing that day.  If they get 
bored with the test don't think they just don't click through the test.  I
felt like that was all we did at the elementary.  It creates so much stress
for everyone involved.  It is every quarter and then they have MAP testing 
at the end of the year.  That isn't even counting regular teacher assessments
for the kids.  I am talking about standardized testing.

5. What's your favorite Olympic event?  Summer would be gymnastics and
swimming.  Winter games would be figure skating.

6. Do you watch the Olympics?  Yes.  I enjoy watching them very much.

7. Who is your favorite sports team player?  Oh no you don't.  I love all 
of my St. Louis Cardinals and KC Chiefs. I suppose my favorite Cardinal
is Yadier Molina and my favorite KC Chief would have to be Patrick
Mahomes.

8. If you could travel in a spaceship to any planet, which planet would you
like to visit and why?  Maybe Saturn...it is so pretty.

9. When was the last time you sat in a church?  It has been a while.  We
haven't gone back in person since covid.  We do stream online though.
We actually watch two different churches.  Does anyone watch Life 
Church with Pastor Craig Groeshel out of Oklahoma City, OK?  Great
church!  Pastor Brian Houston is at our church today from Hillsong
Australia.  I love him, but I have seen him in person before at our church.
I will just stream it.  Hillsong United did a concert at our church too. 
They are so fantastic!

10. Are there any aspects of blogging that annoy you?  People talking about the
things they hate all of the time.  It is so negative.  What makes you happy? 

11. Have you ever gone to a party and snooped in the medicine cabinet?  no

12.Do you watch reality TV?  no

13. How many people can you call who have known you since you were in
school?  I am still in touch with a lot of people I went to high school with
on facebook, but I only have the numbers of a couple.

14. Who, when, and where was your first kiss?  I am not sure about who.  I know 
that sounds weird, but it was someone I was not really serious about.  I was
in high school and not sure where.  

15. You just got thrown out of your country. Where do you want to become
a citizen?  Oh geez!  I hope that never happens.  I am not sure.  I am used to 
my freedoms.


14 comments:

  1. I agree with you when it comes with testing. Stressful for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My state, thankfully, got rid of all that high stakes testing a couple of years ago. Teaching to the test...awful. It must be really tough on you. If you want to check out some happiness, some of us are doing the August Happiness Challenge. Join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #15. You could come to the UK or some EU countries which are as free (and possibly more free) than the US.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh I am one of those annoying folks, LOL. I do not believe in just testing for the test, just awful...anyways, hope you have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have a group on Thursdays who list all the little things they liked that week... come visit with us! It's at my blog, not afraid of color... and we do it to remember there are good things happening that balance the negatives.
    testing is necessary but not the true measurement of learning
    isn't it funny that we don't remember the details of a first romantic kiss? me either

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mention Fannie Flagg a lot so maybe I ought to give her another shot. I started one of her books and it just didn't grab me. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like *any* of them. I think I'll keep her in mind when I see what the library offers.

    Good for you w/Molina. I don't even know who the Cubs ARE anymore! I swear, if the Ricketts family owned the Cards, they would have traded Yadi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes on #7 and #15 and I like your answer for #10.
    Have a happy Sunday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read that particular Fannie Flagg book. And many countries have freedom. Some have more freedoms than the US, because they have freedom from poverty, bankruptcy due to health care, etc. I would not be worried about freedom in any first-world country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree on testing. It can just be so difficult for some kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree... get rid of the testing!!
    http://inmywords.kimdeister.com/2021/08/08/sunday-stealing-this-and-that/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers, Lori! Wishing you a good week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see someone already mentioned the August Happiness Challenge to you. I just learned about it today, and am going to do it for the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.