Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Sunday Stealing- Summer

 

 


 
 
1. What subjects lead you down a Wikipedia rabbit hole?  When I am looking
up medical things.  It is so interesting to me.  I am the same way with
teaching items.

2. How do you like to spend your birthdays?  Well, the way I spend most of my
birthdays whether I want to or not is working.  Then we typically have dinner
out, well we bring it home.

3. Something you might take a little too seriously?  My job.  I love it though. 
have worked two weeks getting my room ready for kids and I am still
not done.

4. Describe a time you made a good decision for yourself  leaving my first
teaching job.  The administration was awful and  it was a toxic environment.

5. Something you’ve improved/gotten better at  My job.  When I left and actually
got support from my new teaching job I have been able to flourish.

6. What dish would you bring to a summer potluck?  I typically bring fruit, drinks
or chips.  I hate cooking.

7. What do you miss about Winter?  snow.  Winter will be here before we know
it though.  I am looking forward to Fall.

8. Share a summer memory  Well, the best vacation I have been on was to 
Orange Beach.  I have talked about it a lot, so I won't again, but that is
the best summer memory for me.  I also have some fun memories from
when I was in high school and college being out on the lake boating with
friends and just having a carefree time.

9. Words you misspell or misuse the most  I misspell cemetery all of the time.
really have to think about it.  I even had to google it for this.

10. Things you love to do, that can only happen in summer  read, I just do not
have time to read once school starts.  I also love to swim, but I haven't been
able to in a few years.  When I say swim, I mean lay in the water and get a tan.

11. How would you describe your sense of humor?  I love to have fun and I am a 
little silly.  I guess there are 9 types of humor.  I do not really fit in any of
those, so I must be a blend of several.

12. Have you ever quit a job or career?  I quit my first teaching job because they
wanted me to switch schools (I worked for a coop that served three counties. 
I would have had to drive an hour to get to the school they wanted me to
teach at.  I said no and quit.  When I left I was worried I had made the wrong
decision, but the school I work at now is fantastic.  It is like night and day to
compare the two jobs.

13. What are your favorite features of your cell phone?  I love apps, I have so
many to keep up with everything I enjoy.  I use Libby a lot for reading.  I
have the social media platforms.  I like the camera and I enjoy shopping via
my phone.  It is a small item and I can use it anytime I want.  I love my cellphone.

14. What scents always make you hungry?  this happens to my cousin, but
scents do not  really make me hungry.  I have the bakery scents, but I just
enjoy them.

15. What are you working on right now?  My classroom.  I still have some small
things to do before school starts for the classroom to be truly ready for kids in
two weeks.


8 comments:

  1. One of the perks of high school is that it doesn't take me all that much time to get my room set up. I hope you'll do a blog post showing us a tour of your classroom, I would LOVE to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would like to see pictures of your classroom. My grands started back this week and the whole campus has to wear mask. My grands are okay with the mask. They can take them off outside. They are happy to be back at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 - as a hypochondriac I never look up medical things.

    #11 Silliness is great. I like being silly (though it makes MRs PM roll her eyes).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I am not the only one who hates cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer went so fast. It seems like the kids were just getting out of school, but they already went back this past week here in Gulf Shores. Good luck finishing up your classroom, and I hope you have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you read books on your cell phone??!! I love apps too but on a bigger device like ipad or computer, LOVE libby and how easy it is to use! What great answers, loved #4 and that you left a toxic work environment, since I stayed way too long in toxic work situations myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers! Our kids are already back in school down here. My sister teaches 4th grade and she spends lots of time getting her room ready too (in Ohio). This is year 42 for her. God bless all teachers!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.