Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

Saturday 9- Smelly Cat

 


Smelly Cat

Saturday 9: Smelly Cat (1995)

Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.
 
1) Poor Smelly Cat lives with negligent humans who refuse to take it to the vet. Who is the last doctor you spoke to (vet, MD, dentist, PhD ...)?  I have seen all of my doctor's this summer, but the last one I saw was my chiropractor.  I saw him on Monday afternoon.  Just routine care, I wasn't hurt.
 
2) This song was introduced during the second season of Friends. Were you a fan of the show? Oh my goodness yes!  I was about their age, so I was totally into that show.  I never missed it.

3) On the show, the song was performed by Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), an amateur folk singer and a professional masseuse. There  was a debate on Reddit about massages -- some loved them because they are relaxing and therapeutic, others think it's "creepy to be undressed and handled by a stranger." How about you? Do you enjoy massages?  I have never been.  I think I am probably on the "that is creepy" team.  I wouldn't mind it, but I do not want to be laying there in a towel or less.  EWWW (for the masseuse).
 
4) During the run of Friends, Phoebe was roommates first with Monica and then with Rachel and finally with her true love, Mike. Tell us about one of your roommates.  I had a roommate named Dawn and we were always up to something.  I think I mentioned her one week because I was talking about how we would always take off on road trips.  We had so much fun and I have fond memories of our years together in college.  We even worked together while in college at a grocery store.  I found out a few years ago that she had passed away.  She was probably 43 years old or so.  I have no idea what happened. She was such a big personality.  I know she was home and passed around midnight.
 
5) Phoebe often performed for tips on street corners or at her favorite coffee shop, Central Perk. Where is your favorite place to go for a cup of joe?  I don't drink coffee.  I don't stop anywhere for special drinks.

6) This song was originally called "Smelly Dog," inspired by a pooch named Gouda. The childhood pet of Friends writer Betsy Borns, poor Gouda could have smelled better. Is there an odor you'd prefer to never smell again?  anything that takes my breath away.
 
7) 35% of American households include a cat. Are there any pets at your house?  I have two dogs...Molly and Meisha.  Molly is part corgi and part blue heeler.  Meisha is a lab.

8) In 1995, the year Phoebe first performed "Smelly Cat," Steve Fossett became the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific in a hot air balloon. Have you ever ridden in a balloon?  No, I always wanted to when I was younger.  I think I would be too scared now.
 
9) Random question: Looking over your romantic history, have you broken more hearts, or had your heart broken more often? broken more hearts, but I have had my heart broken plenty of times too.



10 comments:

  1. You know, I never stopped to think of how massages are for the masseuse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a real hands on "bare naked" massage, but I've had one really good one, and I don't remember my state of dress or undress. LOL. I just remember how good it felt. My answer to #9 would probably be similar to yours...but that was all in high school, and then I got married when I was almost 19 and our 52nd anniversary is next week, so I guess whatever we have done has worked out pretty well! I never watched Friends. Never could get into it, but then, I am a bit older than you. We did watch Seinfeld, but actually only as reruns long after it was originally aired. We enjoyed that a lot. Hope you have a blessed and wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on #6.
    A hot air balloon ride is not for me. I'm
    afraid of heights.
    Have a good Saturday!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 Sorry to hear about your college roommate. I'm at the age where I first look at the Obits in the alumni magazine,

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, the benefits of a really good massage outweigh the fact that I am laying there with just a sheet covering me. The ones I have had have been thoughtful about my privacy. I have never had one uncover me completely. They are trained medical people and it is their livelihood. Anyway, this was a fun Sat9 again and I enjoyed your answers!! Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a Cowboy Corgi!! That's what heeler/corgi mixes are called around here. My boss has one. Our dog is sometimes called a "Texas Heeler" which is Cattle Dog/Australian Shepherd mix (she's also about 12% Border Collie according to Embark). I know way too much about this whole thing, lol, but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on Team Massage--it feels so amazing after a long day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a friend who has massages regularly and, apparently, has had at least one where the massage included bringing her to climax. THAT is very weird. The one "body" massage I had was by my DIL and I didn't realize that you were supposed to be naked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, we're not big coffee drinkers here on Sat 9 so far. I had a hard time with my first couple of massages, even left some of my clothes on. But I kept seeing the same person and after I grew comfortable with her, it became something to really look forward to. Too bad she retired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you will share a picture of your dogs one day. I'm really curious about what a corgi/blue heeler mix looks like. I'm not anxious to get a massage, either, unless I can stay dressed. No coffee for me, either. It's nice to find others who don't think that's weird. I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Hope you have a super Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.