Pages

Friday, March 11, 2022

Saturday 9- Beautiful Day

 



Beautiful Day

Beautiful Day (2000)

Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.

1) This song is about finding joy in an imperfect world. What brings you joy today?  We had a snow day today (Friday), so my Spring Break is a little longer.  Oh, and baseball is back!

2) The lyrics mention being stuck in traffic. A poll of Boston commuters revealed that drivers have a variety of responses to be stuck in traffic — everything from bored to impatient to angry. How do you feel when you’re stuck in a traffic jam?  I am impatient.  I rarely get stuck in traffic, but I hate it when I do.

3) This year Bono and his wife, Ali, celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. Who is the longest-married couple you know?  My parents were married 52 years before my dad passed away.

4) When Bono inducted Frank Sinatra into the Grammy Hall of Fame, he complimented Frank on his “swagger.” Do you think you have “swagger?”  definitley not

5) When U2 guitarist The Edge did a charity concert at the Sistine Chapel, he became the first rocker to perform there. If you were to travel to Rome, what sites would you be certain to visit?  Colosseum, Catacombs, Pantheon, Vatican, museums and enjoy the food.

6) This week’s song was chosen because St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, and U2 is one of Ireland’s most famous exports. What else is Ireland famous for?  potatoes, I also think of green rolling hills.

7) Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dish. Is it a favorite of yours?  no

8) St. Patrick is credited with driving snakes out of Ireland. Ophiophobia is the fear of snakes. Do you suffer from ophiophobia?  definitely.  I did not even know the name for it, but for sure.  There are a lot of snakes where I live and they are sneaky. 

9) St. Patrick’s Day fantasy: A leprechaun will share his gold with you, but you must request a specific amount for a single item. How much would you ask for, and what would you buy?  It would be the amount for a really nice home.  I have not looked at homes in a long time, but they are ridiculously high right now, so whatever that would cost.




9 comments:

  1. The housing market is crazy and California prices are already way to high! We are going to be 80 today. Enjoy your weekend Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Baseball is back! I am closely, CLOSELY watching the free agent market. Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant are still unsigned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow day!! Glad to hear you got an extra day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonus spring break day! That's one point for this late winter snow. We are getting it today and it is a miserable day...cold, windy, and SNOWY. We are hunkered down not doing much of anything. Yay! Someone else who understands how sneaky and creepy snakes are. Nasty things! Enjoy the day and your break, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6--when I first glimpsed the green of Ireland from the plane window, I was astonished at how green it is. I mean... I knew it would be green but it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun answers, Lori! I hope you are enjoying a relaxing Saturday! Go to Italy and don't wait too long. It is so worth a visit while you can still get around and enjoy it all!! So glad we went when we did! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A longer break due to snow - March is so fickle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have swagger either. I do have Stagger though, along with the wobble.
    Oh yes, snakes ARE sneaky. I so agree.
    Have a lovely weekend, even with snow flying here and there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.