Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Sunday Stealing- from Kwizgiver

 





Stolen from Kwizgiver


1. How long have you lived in your current residence?  25 years in May.  It will 
be our 25th anniversary.  We have always lived here.

2. What changes have you made to it since you got there?  We have painted all
rooms a couple of times, changed the decorations a couple of times, new
flooring in a couple of rooms.  Nothing too major though.

3. What surprised you about living in your place or in your neighborhood?  
How weird it is here.  I have lived in the city and I have seen stranger things 
here in this small town.  That was a long time ago though when I was a stay
at home mom.  I haven't seen anything lately.

4. If someone were considering moving in next door, what would you warn
them about?  Nothing really.  It was a little strange several years ago, but it
is quiet again now.

5. If you have to move in the next 45 days, what are you definitely not taking
with you?  My stone/oven.  I need a new one.

6. What are you currently reading?  Nothing right now.

7. What did you recently finish reading?  The Four Winds

8. What do you think you’ll read next?  The Four Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

9. When did you take the road less traveled?  I can't remember.

10. Did you ever participate in a talent show? no

11. When did you most recently strike out?  Plenty, but I can't remember specifics.

12 Where do you go to find yourself?  home

13. What do you have mixed feelings about?  the baseball negotiations :/ 

14. What did you most recently add to your collection of something?  It was a 
hair product, I think detangler.

15. When did something most recently stir you to tears?  My neighbor from when
I was a kid died this week.  He was still living next to my mom.  he called me
to check on me a lot when my dad died.  We played together every day when I was
a kid.  I am not sure if I have e ever mentioned him in one of our questions, but
his name is Shannon.  We rode bikes and played in the woods, climbed trees. 
My best memories of being a kid have him in them.  He invited Josh to watch
movies with him a couple of years ago.  Just the guys.  I am so glad Josh had that 
time with my friend.  Shannon was like a brother to me.  He will be missed. 
He had a blood clot go to his heart and killed him.  I am going to his funeral
on Monday. :(



12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of your childhood friend.
    I loved Four Winds. Did you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for you loss. Sounds like Shannon was one amazing guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood clots are so scary--I'm sorry for your loss. You have such wonderful memories, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss. Sounds like a good friend to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3 - I've read some novels about "strange things" happening in small American towns. My imagination runa mok sometimes.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had such a good friend in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear childhood friend. What a blessing to still have had him in your life and that he included Josh in the friendship, too. I enjoyed your answers. Realized I read #5 wrong when I answered it. I would not leave anything behind is what I meant!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, but glad you had him in your life. It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful memories to hold on to. Sending prayers and (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss baseball DESPERATELY, but the more I read about it, the more I'm on the side of the players. Remember, just about every owner gets tax breaks from the community where they have a park. That's because teams provide jobs -- from parking lot attendants to the guy who sells foam "#1" fingers. That makes their lockout stance an insult to all of us who subsidize them. (Boo owners!)

    Sorry to hear about your friend. It's always sad to say goodbye, but Shannon was your touchstone! My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.