Pages

Friday, March 25, 2022

Saturday 9: Memories

 



Memories

Saturday 9: Memories (2019)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song is a toast. Have you ever performed an official toast (at a wedding, a graduation, a retirement party, etc.)?  I do not think I have.

2) According to Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine, this is a "toast to the ones here today." Tell us about someone in your life that you're especially grateful for.  I am grateful for my teaching partner Wende.  She teaches our other Pre-K class, and we collaborate a lot with our lesson plans and share materials.  We work together well.  Unfortunately for me, she is retiring at the end of the year.  I am going to be on the interview committee for the new Pre-K teacher next Friday.  I am praying the new teacher and I get along well.

3) Levine is the song's composer. He said he was compelled to write it, to help him cope with the death of a friend. His lyrics acknowledge that "everybody hurts sometimes." What advice would you share with someone who is struggling?  Things will get better.  It sounds so flippant, but it is really true.  I have had terrible days before only to be followed by really good ones.  I believe there is always something wonderful around the corner for everyone.  I also know there will be bad times.  Give yourself time to feel better.  Get some rest.


4) Adam Levine was one of the original judges on The Voice. Are you a fan of the show?  I used to really love that show.  Especially when Adam Levine was on there being silly with Blake Shelton.

5) Among his friends, Adam is known to be an excellent Scrabble player. Is there a game you're particularly good at (or you especially enjoy)?  I am not really that good at games because I do not play that often.  I am decent at Trivial Pursuit.

6) Though he's a multi-Grammy winner, Adam wasn't always successful. In fact, he was fired after just three hours at his first job as a waiter. Have you ever had a job that just wasn't a good fit?  I try to be careful with jobs and do things I want to do.  I have had jobs that are better than others, but I wouldn't say any of them were a bad fit.

7) In 2019, when this song was released, Joaquin Phoenix gave his Oscar-winning performance in Joker. Heath Ledger also won an Oscar for is portrayal of the same character in a different film, and Cesar Romero was The Joker on TV. Today The Batman is doing great business at the box office. Do you have a favorite super hero, or arch villain?  I like Batman, Iron Man and I like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.  I am a little tired of super heroes though.

8) Also in 2019, two familiar names had books on NY Times best seller list: John Grisham with The Guardians and Janet Evanovich with Twisted Twenty Six. Are either of these authors among your favorites?  NoI really struggle with Grisham.  I just think his books are boring.  I know, I know.  I have tried.  I have read probably 3 of his books and every single time I was bored.  The stories are so slow.  Remember I am a thriller fan.  I have not read Evanovich.

9) Random Question: What's something you wish you'd figured out earlier?  To believe in myself.  I can be very hard on myself.



9 comments:

  1. Work good byes can be hard. I'm glad you'll have a hand in interviewing her replacement.

    I like your advice about getting rest. Sometimes, when you're going through a tough time, sleep can be so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers and you are right on about "getting rest" when going through trials and difficulties. People often bristle at that, but when they give in to it they feel so much better. I hope the new teacher that is hired will be exactly what you need her to be. I am glad you have a part in the interview process. that is nice that they give you that opportunity, especially because you have to work together and it is important to feel like she will be a good "fit" for your school and program. have a blessed weekend, and "get some rest!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know getting a new work partner will be an adjustment. I will be praying the interview process goes well and you can help the team find just the right person. Time does help most bad things. In this world we are impatient for things to happen right now...the way we want. We have to go through a process. YES! I feel the exact same way about Grisham. The stories are okay, but they just plod along. I enjoyed your answers, as always. Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first Guardians movie -- It just knocked my socks off. James Gunn is a talented guy--I loved the way he made that movie full of color instead of all "grim and gritty" like a lot of other sci-fi. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sure you and the teacher will hit it off. After all, you're in on the process, so that should sot out a disaster. Besides, seriously, you are a sweetheart. No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday, Lori! I enjoyed your answers and just want to tell you that the new teacher will be blessed to have you as a mentor and team mate!! It is good that you can participate in the interviews and give some input! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you and the new teacher get along famously. I am too hard on myself, too. My inner critic never shuts up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try Harlan Coben, especially his Myron Bolitar series. Very good. He's great at twists and turns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't seem to post on this Saturday 9 from my lap top. But watch. This one will go through!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.