Pages

Friday, October 7, 2022

Saturday 9: Love Sneakin' Up on You

 



Love Sneakin' Up on You

Saturday 9: Love Sneakin' Up on You (1994)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The song begins with Bonnie Raitt waiting anxiously for a call. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?  Probably Josh because he is at work and would need a ride home.
 
2) She likens trying to avoid love to trying to stop the rain. Is rain expected where you are this weekend?  nope.  We haven't had rain in a long time.
 
3) Bonnie was accepted by Radcliffe College but once she got there, she decided higher education wasn't for her and she dropped out to become a performer. Tell us about something you're not sorry you walked away from.  My old job with the preschool.  I have told the story here at my blog before and it was such a toxic job.  I am so much happier now.

4) Bonnie's father was Broadway star John Raitt. Because of his career, the family was based on the East Coast. Once Bonnie got out to the West Coast, she realized she felt more at home and settled in the San Francisco area. Today, do you live far from where you grew up?  not at all.  I work where I grew up and I drive 20 minutes to get to work.

5) Prince invited Bonnie to his home, Paisley Park, to discuss working together. The project never happened, but she treasures the memory of her time with a musician she greatly admired. What's your favorite Prince song?  Purple Rain.
 
6) When she's on the road, Bonnie likes to order Thai food. What's for dinner tonight at your house?  We had fish and chips.

7) In 1994, when this song was popular, ER debuted and became a big hit for NBC. Do you enjoy doctor shows?  Sometimes.  I watch The Good Doctor.  I like that one.  I LOVED ER!

8) Also in 1994, Olympic figure skating hopeful Nancy Kerrigan was the victim of an attack. Her rival was rumored to be involved. Without looking it up, do you remember the name of that rival?  I can see her in my head, but no her name isn't coming to mind.  OH!  It is Tanya Harding right?
 
9) Random question -- Which of these famous Tom would you rather be seated beside at dinner: Tom Cruise, Tom Jones, or Tom Brady?  I will say Tom Cruise.  He is weird, but I like his work.   I think they would all make me nervous.



7 comments:

  1. #8: You got it! It's so satisfying when there's a name right there on the tip of your tongue and, oh! You retrieve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish and chips sounds so yummy right now! I'm with you on #9. I'd probably be so nervous I'd be tongue-tied with any of them. Or worse, I'd babble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 Hopefully your drought will end shortly.
    #7 My S-I-L is a nurse and whenever a doctor's show comes on she always watches it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all think Tom Cruise is a little weird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a big fan of ER. My beloved George Clooney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fish & chips!! Seems most of us liked ER. I need to look for some reruns!! Have a blessed Sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen some of "The Good Doctor". But we'll be checking out "ER" very soon. Oh yes, Tom Cruise is strange. Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.