Pages

Friday, October 28, 2022

Saturday 9: Haunted

 

                 

Haunted

Saturday 9: Haunted (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Beyonce sings that she's sure if a man is haunting her thoughts, she must be haunting his. Who is on your mind this morning?  Usually, I say some prayers for friends that are suffering with cancer in the mornings.  I am typically thinking about them.  I also have a friend that just had knee surgery, so she has been in my morning thoughts and prayers too.  I also pray for Josh.

2) The lyrics mention her "wicked tongue." Have you said anything recently that you wish you could take back?  Oh sure.  I can't remember exactly what it was.  It wasn't ugly or anything.

3) Beyonce says her lucky number is 4. Her birthday is 9/4, her mom's birthday is 1/4 and her husband's birthday is 12/4. She chose 4/4 for her wedding day. Do you have a lucky number?  not really
 
4) Beyonce told an interviewer  that, while on the road, she loves to eat Popeye's fried chicken and the fast-food chain offered her free food for life. She admits she's been too embarrassed to take them up on it. If you could get free food for life from any restaurant, which restaurant would you choose?  Maybe Chili's.  There are so many things on their menu that I like and different types of food.

These questions will help us get into the Halloween spirit ....

5) Candy corn is a trick-or-treat staple. Do you like it?  yes

6) In 2019, the most popular pet costume was a pumpkin outfit designed for dogs. Have you ever dressed your pet in a costume?  I dressed Mandy up as a pumpkin one year and Josh was a pumpkin too.  I have a picture somewhere.

7) According to the Guinness Book of Records, the award for highest number of jack-o-lanterns in one place went to Keene, NH, where in 2013 there were 30,581. How many carved pumpkins will be at your home on Halloween?  Maybe one and that is if I bring it home from the school.  I will be carving a pumpkin with the kids on Friday the 28th.  That is our party day.
 
8) In years gone by, the Irish celebrated Halloween not with pumpkins but by carving turnips, potatoes and beets. Are any of those foods in your kitchen right now?  potatoes and maybe some pickled beets, but not just regular beets...none to carve.
 
9) Some Elvis fans believe they have seen his ghost hovering in the trees over Graceland. Have you ever seen a ghost? no


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember Mandy! Not specifically dressed up, but your photos and mentions of her. She was a good girl, wasn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I see you got another cute siggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 I was never a fan of cooked vegetables turnips or beets, maybe it is because my mother cooked them to mush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I notice not many beets and turnip lovers among the Sat 9 folks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I alwasy look over your Goodreads sidebar--I hope you enjoy the Matzah Ball, I thought it was fun.

    I am not a fan of beets, never have been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your friends is an awesome way to start your days! I usually only have pickled beets and eggs at Christmas and Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More people like beets than I thought there would be!! And no one yet has admitted to seeing a ghost! Hope you are having a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is zippi. Oh my. Another candy corn person! It’s also my favorite. Hope you are having a very good day. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.