Pages

Friday, May 8, 2020

Saturday 9- I'll Always Love My Mama




http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

Saturday 9: I'll Always Love My Mama (1973)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's featured artists, The Intruders, sing that they don't know how their mama made it through the week without ever getting a good night's sleep. How did you sleep last night?  I almost always sleep really well.  I slept good last night.

2) The Intruders performed this song on Soul Train, a syndicated show that ran for more than 3 decades. What show do you try never to miss?  I rarely watch tv live anymore because we DVR everything, but shows I do not miss...there are a lot of them and I just watch them when I have time.

3) On Soul Train, the Intruders wore solid black shirts beneath their brightly colored jackets. Black, white, khaki, navy and gray are considered neutral colors, because they go with everything. If we were to check your closet, which would we find you wear most often: black, white, khaki, navy or gray?  black

4) Especially for Mother's Day: Access Hollywood named Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch TV's #1 mom. Who is your favorite TV mom?  I don't think I have a favorite tv mom...nothing is coming to mind.

5) Mother Winters always gave Sam peppermint tea to calm her stomach. Do you have any tried-and-true home remedies to share?  When I had acid reflux all of the time I would take Prilosec and even gas-x to rid the gas bubbles from my tummy, but I only really take a probiotic now for tummy issues.  Peppermint does work for an actual stomach ache.  I used to deal daily with stomach issues before my gall bladder came out.

6) Sam's mother always tips 15% in restaurants. Sam has worked in food service and is more judgmental, tipping between 10% and 25%, depending on the quality of the service. What's your tipping policy? Are you more like Sam or her mother? How do you handle tips for carry out or delivery during this Covid-19 crisis?  We usually tip around 10-15%.

7) When the tip of her shoelace becomes frayed, Sam's mother snips off the end and then paints the tip with clear nail polish. Good as new! Sam thinks that's crazy because you can just buy new laces for less than $2. Are you more frugal like mother or spendthrift like daughter?  My shoelaces do not do that.  I buy new shoes before that happens.  I get holes in my actual shoes or wear out the sole before the shoestrings.

8) Mother Winters loves how french vanilla smells and burns her Yankee Candles all year around. Do you use scented candles or air fresheners?  Both, I have scented candles, wall flowers from Bath & Body, sometimes I will have on my Scentsy burner.  I also have my essential oils that can be used as air fresheners.  I also have glade plug-ins in the bathrooms.

9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds? chocolate with almonds.




14 comments:

  1. I love glade plugins and use them all over the house.
    Never tried Scentsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My allergies keep me from using fragrances. I sure like the background in here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Susan, my allergies keep me from using fragrances. I haven't worn out laces in a long time, either. Maybe they make them better now than when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you that sound sleep. I used to be like that until about a year or so ago. Now it takes forever to fall asleep and then I toss and turn and wake up often and by the time I hit the 6 hour mark everything aches so I get up. Once in a while I get a night where the planets line up (or whatever is required) and I get a full night of sleep...like last night. I have lots of candles and warmers, too. As long as I stick to fruit or food scents I'm okay, but anything else and florals for sure kill my sinuses. Have a blessed day, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florals are an instant headache for me. I like the same scents as you do.

      Delete
  5. I love scented candles and the wax warmers as well. I hope you have a beautiful Mother's Day, thank you for 'talking' to me on FB yesterday...it really meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love talking to you. I am glad I could be there. Just so happy everything worked out for you!

      Delete
  6. For years I've had a sensitive stomach ... now you've got me wondering if my gall bladder might be the culprit ... Hmmmm ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I remember the days before I had my gall bladder out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt so awful all of the time. Getting it out was the best thing for me.

      Delete
  8. Enjoyed my visit. Have a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son was a waiter all through college. I always tip 20%

    ReplyDelete
  10. After working in a restaurant, I tip a lot. It's such a thankless job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I answered black in my closet, and also chocolate with almonds! I enjoyed your answers, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.