Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tuesday 4 meme- Good Old Days

Good Old Days

Welcome to Tuesday 4 begun by Toni Taddeo and kept in memory of her.
This week's subject is the Good Old Days.


1.Do you know who supplied the voice of Lamb Chop, Hush Puppy and Charlie Horse? It was Shari Lewis according to Reminisce.com.
It was a very popular kids show in the 50's and 60's.
 What childhood program meant a lot to you or taught you things you feel were important to you.
Mr. Rogers was very important to me.  I used to buy lamb chop toys for Mandy to play with.  We also sing a song at the preschool by Shari and Lambchop...it is a Halloween song.


2. Is there a memory from your past that makes you feel at home, warm and nostalgic? Maybe you would share it with us. Perhaps there is  a story your parents told you that brings back good memories.  
My happy memories from my childhood would be when I would go visit my Grandparents in Oklahoma.  I would spend the summer there and work in the garden with my Grandpa and pick strawberries and go shopping with my Grandma.  My cousins would come and visit and play or I would play with the neighbor kids too. I also loved riding bikes at my home and playing with my neighbors.

3.Dirty Dancing was a big hit movie of the 80's. Mullet hair dos for guys and huge puffy hair for girls was a hallmark of those days.
Did you dance at school dances, Proms, etc? What kind  of dancing did you enjoy?
I am not sure what kind of dancing I did.  I liked to dance to all kinds of music.  I did go to school dances and Proms.
4. Do you think we have passed by the good old days or do you think we will be able to look back and see these as the good old days in the future? Will your kids or grand kids think they were?
Sadly, I think these will be considered the good old days to our kids/ grand kids.  They do not know any better.  I did always think the 50's were the good ol' days, but I have found out quite bad things about those times too.  I guess we just make the best of what we are given.  I grew up in the 70's/80's.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, "These are the good old days" (came from a song called "Anticipation" by Carly Simon back in the 70's)...every generation has their own set of "good old days" to look back on. Even when the times are difficult, as they have been for each generation, there is always something good that we can remember if we try. I loved Lambchop with Shari Lewis when I was a child...and Captain Kangaroo. Mr. Rogers came along when my kids were little. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... agree with the "good old days". I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Have a great rest of the week. smiles

    P.S. I love the bear and bicycle. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should visit my town, Lori. It's Mr. Roger's hometown! We have some stuff about him, but probably more about our other famous son...Arnold Palmer. I think you pegged it right about the good old days. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gret answer for #4. I wasnt so generous in my appraisal pf the future. I laughed when I read your memories of the farm.. so like mine!!! Yet another parallel!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am too old for Mr. Rogers but do like him and want to see the movie. Fun questions this week and good answers, Lori! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved my bike too and cruised the neighborhoods all the time.
    Yup, kids always think they have it the best once they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I would have had Mr. Rogers growing up. Do you feel he gave your encouragement? That's a very nice memory. Exactly, do the best with what we are given.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.