Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Sunday Straling- Ty and Logan

https://sundaystealing.blogspot.com/

 




1. Where did your name come from  My middle name is from my mom's cousin Linda and my mom wanted a little name for me because I was such a little baby...(I think that is so weird)...but moving on.  Lori Lynn

2. Where were you born?  St. Louis , MO

3. What as your house like, growing up  We had a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house with a full basement for tornado weather.  We had a large yard for me to play in, but I mostly rode my bike.  I am not sure how to answer this question.

4. What was your childhood bedroom like?  My carpet was that blue shag and my walls were light blue.  I had a canopy bed with a dusty rose comforter.  My Papa had built me a Barbie doll house, so that was in there and a stereo to play my mom's records and listen to the radio.  I spent a lot of time in there.

5. Did you travel as a child? Where?  We never traveled...for vacations.  We would go to Oklahoma to visit family and that is all.

6. Write about your grandparents  I stayed with them in the summer in Oklahoma.  My Papa had a big garden we would work in and I would pick strawberries.  My Granie canned the vegetables from the garden.  I miss them.  My Granie taught me how to buy things and the value of a dollar, she also took me to the library.  My Papa would take me to historical things around town.

7. Who taught you how to drive?  My dad, my mom is a basket case.

8. When did you first leave home?  I left for college the fall after I graduated high school.  I went to college away, so I had to move there.

9. What did your parents do for work?  My dad was a typing teaching and business teacher as well as a football coach.  My mom was an accountant with Silver Dollar City.

10. Who inspired you as you matured?  My dad.  I did not get along very well with my mom.

11. What was the best part of your 20s?  college

12. What as the best part of your 30s?  being a mom....I was an older mom, so Josh was turning 3 as I turned 30.

13. Where is the most fascinating place you’ve visited  Maybe San Antonio...it wasn't my favorite vacation, but it had a lot more historical things to look at and I enjoy that.  We went to the Alamo.

14. What is your favorite family story?  I don't think I have a favorite family story, but my favorite memories are being with my Grandparents at holidays.

15. What was your most memorable birthday?  My mom threw me a surprise birthday party and we had it at McDonald's.  The girls were all there and we had a sleep over.  It was fun.  

16. What was your favorite food as a child?  pizza

I deleted the repeat questions.  Have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. I went through a rough time with my mom too. But things did get better in her later years. I miss her and my dad a lot. Your surprise party must have been fun at McDonald's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 -- Sounds like we grew up in the same house! I wonder why we never ran into each other, waiting for the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would quite like to see the Alamo - it's an intriguing story.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy memories...I still don't get along with my mom, it is what it is.

    P.S. Pizza is a food group, righttttttttt? grin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent a lot of time in my room, too, and rode my bike when I wasn't in there. That bike meant freedom!

    San Antonio and the Riverwalk is on my list of places I want to visit someday. It looks so beautiful.

    It's sad how many of us seem to have had less than great or downright awful relationships with at least one of our parents.

    Have a great day, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get along with my mother, either. Even as she was dying I was begging her to tell me what I did to make her hate me and she wouldn't tell me. I guess it was just the fact that I existed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There were six of us sharing one bathroom when I was growing up. That's how I became a morning person, I guess. I would get up before my dad so I could have the bathroom to myself. Now, with just two of us, I can't imagine having only one bathroom! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.