Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Tuesday 4 Meme- Trains and Planes and Boats

https://tuesdaysplace.blogspot.com/

Trains and Planes and Boats







Welcome to Tuesday 4 in honor of the memory of Toni Taddeo!
 Today.s subject was inspired by Elena Leno, Toni's daughter. Toni and I shared a love of many
things including Agatha Christie, upstate NY and trains, trains and more trains!
 

So.. Let's talk about Trains, Planes and Boats this week.
The Orient Express was a long-distance passenger train service created in 1883 by Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits. Fares range from
£2,200 per person for a Venice to London journey, up to £40,000 for a Grand Suite on the Istanbul journey.


1. Do you enjoy riding on trains, planes or boats? Got a tale to tell us?  Ok, so I have never been on a plane, I do enjoy boats and I would love to ride on a train that is actually going somewhere.  We have a train you can ride in Branson and it is fun, but the ride is not long and it is expensive.  Fun fact, Josh took his first steps on a train.

  2. The Orient Express is super luxurious with 5 star accommodations including real bedrooms, cocktail bars, etc.
  It stops along a route that includes, London, Paris, Berlin,
Bucharest, Venice, Paris, Prague and Istanbul.
Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express is set on the train.
 You can choose your itinerary from the lists their site offers.  Of the places shown here, which cities interest you the most and why?  I think they all sound interesting.  I would probably go for London to Paris first.  I just really want to visit those places, but I want to visit all of them.

3. Do you think you would enjoy a cruise? Where would you go?  I would LOVE it if I did not get sea sick.  That is what I worry about and why we have never done a cruise.  My cousin went on a cruise and was sick the entire time.  I would just go somewhere warm.

4. Given the time and the choice and money being no object will you travel to Europe via plane or luxury liner?  Probably plane.

Fun Fact:  Toni did love trains.  I remember when she moved from New York to California by train.  She didn't live there long, she missed New York.  I think she went back by train too.  That seems like so long ago.


11 comments:

  1. Trains for me. When we lived in Tuscaloosa, AL, we often would take our son to New Orleans by train. It was a 6 hr ride. Loved it and so did he. smiles.

    Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was another fun Four. I enjoyed your answers, Lori! I was seasick the first day of the one and only cruise we took. Not fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I would be afraid of!

      Delete
  3. I was seasick the first day or two of our cruise...not horribly so, but dizzy, headachy...just off. I had brought Dramamine with me but it did nothing. One thing I learned from others on the cruise, get the patch that goes behind your ear from your doctor before you go. It's way more effective and getting from your doctor is cheaper than on the ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori, Toni went to a different part of California. I am in So Ca. I sure do miss her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss her too. I did not remember she was in No Ca.

      Delete
  5. What a great 'first' to bookmark your son's life story! I've never been seasick, but should you change your mind, I know there's LOTS of over the counter remedies. Perhaps you could try a 3-day 'sampler voyage' out of New Orleans to see if you enjoy cruising?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely memeory ( first steps ona train) that would necessarily make train travel for me #1. I wish I had known Toni longer. She sounds like such a special lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool about Josh! very unique. I got seasick dizzy on a trip in Virginia around the bay there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never been on a plane, that's pretty interesting. I love that Josh took his first steps on the train ride. My husband had a three week business trip to Europe and I was able to go with. I couldn't wait to visit London and Paris. I will never forget it and I hope you can do that someday. I hadn't thought about it when I was answering my questions but I too have worried about getting sea sick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.