Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

Saturday 9- I See Love

 

I See Love

I See Love (2010)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.


1) This is the theme from Mike and Molly, a TV show that ran from 2010 to 2016. Were you a fan?  No, we did not watch this show.  I bet it is good though.  Sometimes I feel like we have too many tv shows to watch.  I bet it was on at the same time as another show we watched.


2) Molly was played by Melissa McCarthy. Today she's one of Hollywood's best-paid actresses, but when she began her career, she was barely scraping by. She recently recalled the time when, as a struggling actress, she was rejected at the ATM because it only gave out $20s and she didn't have even that much in her checking account. How often do you visit the ATM? Several times a week? Several times a month? Never?  Rarely.  I will get money only when I absolutely need it.  I mostly use my bank card though, I do not need cash much.

3) When she was broke, Melissa couldn't afford blueberries and avocados.  Now she savors them. When you're a few bucks ahead, what do you splurge on?  When we have extra money we might pick up some clothes or shoes.

4) Mike was played by Billy Gardell. He was working at a comedy club, cleaning the bathrooms and answering the phone. He used to crack jokes with other employees and finally one of his coworkers dared him to go onstage on "open mic night." A comedy career was born. Tell us about someone who pushed you to make the right move.  I did encourage my husband recently to make a job change...to go back to the company he had worked for before.  He did go back and he is happy about that.  He was miserable at his other job.

5) On the show, Mike's best friend was his fellow officer, Carl McMillan. Carl was not especially motivated and still lived with his grandmother, well into his 30s. How old were you when you moved out of the house for good?  Well, I was 17 when I moved out to go to college, but I would come home for the summer.  I moved out for good when I was 21 or so.  That would have been my senior year in college, I had taken a job and found an apartment with a friend.


6) Mike's and Molly's mothers are different as night and day and frequently did not get along. Have you ever had in-law trouble?  Yes.  That is all.

7) This week's song was written by Keb Mo. He switches among several different guitars when he works -- electric, acoustic and resonator. Can you play guitar?  no, but that would be so cool!


8) In 2010, when this show premiered, Apple introduced the iPad. Do you use a tablet?  I have a tablet, but I find myself either on my computer or my phone more often.  Probably my age.  It is not an iPad, I might use one of those more, they are nice.  We use them at the school.

9) This week's random question gives you an opportunity to brag: What's something you do better than most people?  I don't think I do anything better than most people.  I am pretty good at working with non-verbal kids, but I am not doing that this year!  I am back at the elementary and I will be teaching a 4th grade computer class and doing elementary sped.  Covid really has things messed up for the district, so there has been a lot of shuffling.

11 comments:

  1. I love your answer to #1! I simply cannot keep up. Friends are always recommending series to me, but I run out of hours in the day.

    I hope this new school year is successful and SAFE for you and your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Too many shows and choices. I don't think it's possible to have another cultural phenomenon like the final episode of MASH...when the entire country pretty much stopped to watch. Aw, I didn't realize you weren't going to be with the non-verbal kids this year. I know you enjoy working with them. I hope this year is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading everyone's answers, smiles. I hope you have a great weekend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,my prayers are with you as you contemplate attacking the challenges of teaching during covid... I can only say that I am glad to be retired.ALl of the accountability of grades and making up work etc would be daunting to me... That was the part of the job that I didnt like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teaching during Covid ... sigh. I hope you have a good school year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--that's an exciting change for your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel for folks who are teaching this year. It has to be tough, all the changes and rearranging. Whole new ballgame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about too many TV shows to be able to catch them all. I wish you a safe and healthy school year - for you and the kids. One of my sisters is still teaching (40+ years!) and she told me about all the rules and changes for her 4th graders. God bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rarely use cash, only for coffee and donuts and other small purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teaching elementary school in the best. I was a sub for a year & loved it. Not enough to go get a masters, but it was fun...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Lori! When I saw the title of this blog, I thought of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbAADAVE_s. Are you happy to be teaching elementary school again? I enjoyed working with both preschool and elementary kids, but my high school job was the least amount of work. Now I work with adult students and they are a ton of work, lol. I hope you are doing well and staying healthy. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.