Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Tuesday 4 Meme- Soda Pop!

 

Soda Pop!

Welcome to Tuesday 4 which was started by our friend Toni Taddeo

and kept up in memory of her.
Different sections of the USA have different words and customs
they use. Let's talk about them.


1. In New Jersey you put your groceries in a paper bag or plastic
bag. In Athens, Ohio where I went to university, you put them
in a paper sack. Is it bag , sack or something else where you live?
When I worked at grocery stores here we asked "paper (bag) or
plastic (bag)" to put the groceries in.  We have cloth bags
we use and wash.

2. NJ says  Stockings. Athens,  Ohio used to call them "hose"
and in Britain they are tights. What about where you live?  My mom 
called them tights when I was little, but they were colored
and textured. They are called hose here.  I don't think anyone
wears them anymore though.  I like the colored textured tights.

3.Soda, Pop, Coke? I have heard all 3 here.
 
4. Shopping cart or trolley or? What do you call it?  cart. 


11 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I remember when we got to wear fishnet hose in the 60's. Back then we had to use garter belts! I remember buying a 6 pack of small bottles of Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like wearing stockings or whatever its called. I suppose I will have too if or when a job comes along, sigh. ANYWAYS--have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori: I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a good Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment about your mom calling them tights when you were little made me remember that when I was little those textured tights were call "leotards." Enjoyed your answers and hope school is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's right! Leotards is right...it wasn't tights! Thanks for that reminder, I had totally forgotten. I love tights. I want to be a child I think.

      Delete
  5. I like to wear the textured tights in the winter. Enjoyed reading your answers, hope you're having a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going back to pantyhose because I think legs look better in a dress with them on and shoes seem to glide on better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one wears hose here. Maybe some tights in the winter. Fun questions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use our own bags too. I wonder if pantyhose is still available to buy? Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked tights when I was young. But no more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ear bobs.. I first heard the term in the movie, Gone With the Wind. It's an old term for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.