Pages

Friday, August 7, 2020

Saturday 9- Mad About You

Saturday 9: Mad About You (1992)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Mad About You was a sitcom that ran from 1992 to 1999. Are you familiar with the show? Were you a fan?  Yes, I never missed this show.  It was part of the Friends, Mad About You, Seinfeld and ER Must Watch tv I have left one out.  I can't remember.  I loved them all though.  Was in Frasier?

2) The show was rebooted in 2019/2020 on the Spectrum streaming service. Do you have any streaming services? If so, which ones?  I wish I could have seen it.  Yes, we switched to streaming a couple of years ago.  I have You Tube TV, Frndly TV (for Hallmark) and Amazon Prime tv.

3) The series revolved around Manhattan newlyweds Paul and Jamie Buchman. They met at a newsstand, where they were both purchasing The New York Times. With so many publications online, newsstands are now uncommon. When you want to purchase a printed newspaper or magazine, where do you go?  The gas station for a newspaper and I never buy magazines. 

4) Paul is played by Paul Reiser. He created the series because he believes marriage is a tough but satisfying adventure. He and real-life wife Paula have been married for more than 30 years. They met when she was a waitress at the comedy club where he was performing. Have you ever waited tables?  no, I haven't.

5) Helen Hunt won four Emmy Awards as Jamie. Over 10 million people watch the Emmys each year. She also won an Oscar, which has an annual viewership of twice that. Therefore huge audiences witnessed Helen's acceptance speeches. Are you comfortable speaking in public?  Not in the least.  I hate it.

6) During the opening credits, Paul and Jamie are sharing an ice cream bar. When did you most recently have ice cream?  It has been a few weeks.  I think we are due some for some ice cream.  I forget about it.  I never could have it until I got my gallbladder out.


7) Paul and Jamie's best friends were another couple, Fran and Mark. Eventually Fran and Mark divorced, and Paul and Jamie worked at being friends with both of them. Have you been friends with a couple who split? Did you manage to stay friends with both of them?  We have not had this scenario no.

8) In 1992, when Paul and Jamie were playing New Yorkers, real New Yorkers were following the trial of mobster John Gotti. Mr. Gotti acquired many nicknames, including The Teflon Don, The Dapper Don and Black John. Is there anyone in your life that you call by a pet name or nickname?  One of the students at school calls me Ray Ray, actually a lot of people do.  I am not sure why.  Fun Fact....I live near Springfield, MO and John Gotti was in prison there in his last days.  My dad was working at a hotel down in the Branson West area years ago when John Gotti's daughter came for a visit.  She stayed at the hotel. My dad said they were really nice, but that she went straight to her room and her people took care of everything

9) Random question  -- What subject do you wish you knew more about?  I am decent at everything except Math.  That is what truly kept me from reaching my life goals to be in medical research.  I wish I were able to do Math better and all kinds of math.
                                                                 



 


11 comments:

  1. Interesting story about Gotti's daughter! I know people who grew up with "Mafia Princess" Toni Giancana (daughter of Sinatra's bud, Sam) and she seems to really loooooove the notoriety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I never got into a lot of those shows. I didn't like Seinfeld at all back then, but we watch reruns all the time now and I like it. Different places in life, I guess? I just saw Frndly advertised the other day and am thinking about it...at least at Christmas. Gotta have the Christmas Hallmark movies! I guess Gotti's daughter had had enough of notoriety. I enjoyed your answers. Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was at work where I got over fear of public speaking, I had to give presentations at meetings.
    One time I had to tell the customer how we were going to fix a 10 million system we built. They went to turn it on and it didn't turn on (It turned out that their people did it wrong and didn't follow directions).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I wish I had people. LOLOL

    I enjoyed your answers, have a great day, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just do not remember that show and I don't know why because I watched the rest of that night's line up that you mentioned. Enjoyed your answers. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting about Gotti's daughter! I loved this show too and watched it along with all the others you mentioned. Fun questions and answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting story about Gotti's daughter. Sometimes I wish I had people to take care of things for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Math - not my favorite subject, though my favorite teacher taught it! She and I are still friends, actually. Weird how stuff works out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotti's daughter probably would have needed a body guard or THREE!
    Frazier's a very funny upper-crust guy, based in Seattle, and who had the cutest little a dog, adopted as a stry, who stole his heart.
    you hated math, which I think of as Arithmetic. My hatred was for Arithmetic and even Algebra but oh was Geometry a dream cone true. I loved it and what I could learn of trig.
    Hope you have a lovely week, Lori. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.