Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Tuesday 4 Meme- Roses

 





Roses

 Here is another of Tuesday 4 invented by Toni Taddeo and kept alive in her memory.     White June is the month of roses, they do bloom all summer long and well past September in many places.

1. What is your favorite color of roses? Do you have a favorite kind of rose?  I love any natural color for roses.  I am not a fan of the ones that have been dyed.  My Grandma had a rosebush, and the roses were kind of orange/red and smelled really good.  They were beautiful.  I am not sure what kind they were.  Sort of like this one.

2. Do you ever buy flowers for your home?  Karl buys flowers sometimes for me and every now and then the kids at school will bring me a bouquet.  Usually wild flowers or carnations.  Karl gets roses.  I buy flowers for our yard.

3. Are there any roses in your yard or neighborhood? If not what kind of things grow around you?  We have a miniature red rose bush.  They are hard to grow here in Missouri, well they are hard for me to grow anyway.  We have a lot of rocks in our soil from all of the caves.

4. What do you see when you look out your front door?   How about out your kitchen window or back door?  front door- trees/flowers the road and neighbors' home.  Kitchen window-back yard/privacy fence.  Back door- side of yard and privacy fence. Here is the view from the front of the house.


This is the backyard (on the right)...part of it, the view from the kitchen window.  We have a pretty big yard, and we are surrounded with trees.




5 comments:

  1. I used to grow roses. They can be difficult to care for. I finally gave them up a few years ago. Too much change in the climate and not enough of me to go around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't grow anything! I enjoyed your responses, Lori, and wish you a great evening and week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful yard and I love all the greenery. I also share your love of the orange roses. I finally found a photo in my archives to add to my post. It isn't a good, clear photo as I took it in the days before smart phones were so good at taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the trees and your green yard looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yard is lovely and green! You have a wonderful view out the front windows! I love the color of rose you showed. I think they call that a Tropicana Rose. I actually had that color of rose in my wedding bouquet and the bridesmaids each carried a long stemmed one that color and it matched their dresses...a kind of peach/salmon color It was very pretty. Hope you are having a nice summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.