Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Tuesday 4 Meme- Painting With Tom Sawyer

 




Painting With Tom Sawyer

Norman Rockwell's Whitewashing the Fence

Well, we are on the doorstep of August. How do you like that?   A lot of Tom Sawyers adventures take place in the summer like whitewashing Aunt Polly's fence.

Hannibal, Missouri has fence painting contests in July and and July 4th is National Tom Sawyer day there.  They have a parade, carnival,  fireworks, and a general good time is had by all it seems.

So here is another set of questions for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.        I hope you enjoy them.

1. What special things happen around you in summer? If nothing, have you ever considered organizing something?  We mostly have several 4th of July events with music, others take place over the water and people ride in boats to watch.  There are several small things, but those are the big ones.

2. Tom hated painting. But on the subject of painting, what color is your house? Your living room? Your bedroom?  Thinking of  changing anything?  My living room is fall colors...shades of brown and burgundy, blue, green and gold.  My bedroom is light browns and dusty rose.  I am not really thinking of changing anything yet.

3. Were your childhood summers carefree and did you have any adventures or chores like Tom did?  My summers were so much fun as a kid.  I would ride bikes with my neighbor Shannon and we would adventure in the woods.  We also played in the water hose.  Shannon died a few years ago.  It is still upsetting to me.  When I visited my Grandparents in Oklahoma I played with a group of kids and I think about them too.  Jenny, Brooke and Ronald.  We had a lot of fun too.

4. Did you ever help paint a house or a fence or anything at all?  How did that go?  My dad used to paint our house and I would help some.  I was pretty little, but I always wanted to do things with my dad.  I helped pain the inside of our house.  We need to paint again.  It has been a while.



5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had great summers growing up. I did too. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your friend, it's not easy to lose them. I love your living room colors. You can't go wrong with fall colors in my opinion anyway. Thanks so much for joining in and your blog looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad for you and Shannon's family that she passed at such a young age. I played with cousins when I visited my grandparents. I don't remember too many kids from their neighborhoods. I enjoyed your answers, Lori! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sad to lose a friend. It is nice to have our childhood memories. I liked doing things with my dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would be fun to be on a boat watching fireworks. Your house colors sound nice. I loved riding bikes as a kid. THe water hose was a fun thing for me too. So sorry about your friend passing away. That is hard. I haven't lost a close friend yet, and hope I don't any time soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.