Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Chosen because Monday is April Fool's Day.
1) As an April Fool's prank, Taco Bell once announced they had purchased The Liberty Bell and renamed it The Taco Liberty Bell. Describe your perfect taco. I like soft tacos with meat and cheese only....I know, I know...so boring. Sour cream would be ok too.
2) Similarly, as an April Fool's prank, the Ford Motor Co. was supposed to wipe out the national deficit by purchasing the naming rites to a beloved monument, renaming it the Ford Lincoln Mercury Memorial. What model car do you drive? Toyota Camry
3) In 1998, Burger King got in on the April Fool's Day fun by promoting a special "Left-Handed Whopper," designed to be easier for a leftie to hold. Describe your perfect burger. This is so embarrassing...you guys are seeing what a 3 year old I really am. I like a cheeseburger with ketchup only.
4) In 1962, when color TV was still new, a Swedish station pranked viewers by telling them they could convert their black/white sets to color by cutting up a nylon stocking and stretching it across the screen. Of course, in 1962, more women wore nylons and screens were smaller. How big is your TV? Are there any nylon stockings in your home? 55 inch...and I have some colored ankle nylons to wear with flats and slacks....not any full nylons, I haven't worn those in years.
5) In 1957, the BBC ran an April Fool's story about how the Swiss were enjoying a "bumper spaghetti crop," with spaghetti literally growing on trees. Viewers who called the station, asking how to grow a spaghetti tree of their own, were told to place a sprig of spaghetti in a can of tomato sauce and hope for the best. Have you ever fallen for an April Fool's prank? Oh goodness yes, I hate April Fool's Day! One time someone came in to my work and told me they hit my car. I was like...don't worry...it's ok. Hoping for the best of course and then they were like April Fool's Day. Meh :p
6) When Crazy Sam was growing up, her mother would surprise her on April Fool's Day by slipping a rubber worm or plastic spider in her lunch box. When you were in school, did you more frequently brown bag it or buy your lunch in the cafeteria line? cafeteria, but I liked the lunches when I was in school...the lunches now are gross. I take my lunch everyday.
7) This week's song was an international hit for Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66. Because of the song's bossa nova arrangement, everyone assumed the lead singer, Lani Hall, was Brazilian. She was a folk singer from Chicago. Sergio Mendes discovered her at a charity benefit. Can you think of a time when doing good really paid off for you? I can't think of anything right now, but no matter what, I will always do the right thing.
8) In 1968, when this record was popular, Pierre Trudeau became Prime Minister of Canada. Today his son holds that office. When did you most recently visit our neighbor to the north? I have never been to Canada.
9) Random question: Name three websites you visit every day. Facebook, Twitter, my blog
Sigtag by Gloria.