Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The video for this song takes place in a motel and the story is told from the point of view of the desk clerk. Have you ever worked in a hotel, motel, or bed-and-breakfast? No, but I kind of wouldn't mind to try it. My dad did years ago after he retired from teaching.
2) Ashley McBryde sings that she's not Cinderella, a reference to the fairy-tale heroine warned to return from the ball before midnight. When did you recently stay up until the wee small hours of the morning? That is something I enjoy doing when I am not working. I did that the whole time I was off for covid...so I stopped in August.
3) Ashley had been working hard as a singer/songwriter for eleven years before she was discovered and proclaimed one of County's best new artists. What was your life like 11 years ago? I was teaching at a different school, I was an Early Childhood Special Education teacher. It was a very toxic environment though because of the director. So happy I left.
4) Ashley is from Mammoth Springs, AR. One of the most popular stops on Main Street -- for locals and tourists alike -- is Spring Dipper Ice Cream. More than 20 flavors are made right there on the premises, from Jamoca Almond Fudge to French Vanilla. When confronted with such a wide selection, do you tend to order your familiar favorite or try something new? There is an ice-cream place by the lake called The Funky Twig and they are known for their different flavors of ice-cream and they always have something different every time I go in. I try new things there. It really just depends on where I am at. I love vanilla, so that is a typical flavor I choose at places with normal flavors. The Funky Twig has flavors like Apple Pie, Pumkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Salted Carmel and Vanilla.
5) In 2007, she moved to Nashville to pursue a music career. Have you ever relocated for a job? Not really. I moved to Kansas City after college for a while, but just to try something new...not for a job. It ended up being too expensive and I moved back closer to home.
6) Whenever Ashley hears a Carpenters song, she thinks of her mother, who loved Karen Carpenter's voice. Tell us a song that reminds you a loved one. Elvis songs remind me of my mom, Brenda Lee songs remind me of my papa...my mom's dad. In the Summertime reminds me of my dad because he would sing it all of the time.
7) In 2019, the year this song was recorded, Notre Dame Cathedral was damaged in a fire. Have you ever visited Paris? no, I would love to though.
8) Also in 2019, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (aka Harry and Meghan) had a baby boy. Is anyone in your life expecting a baby? There are several teachers I work with that are expecting.
9) Random question: Do you always want to hear the truth about yourself? NO!!! I like it when kids lie to me and tell me I look young and how funny I am. I have my son that tells me the truth. UGH!