Pages

Friday, October 30, 2020

Saturday 9- This Haunted House

 

This Haunted House

Saturday 9: This Haunted House (1964)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Loretta Lynn wrote this song to help her cope with the sudden death of her friend, Patsy Cline. When they first met, Patsy was already a star and she helped Loretta become established. Did you more recently advise or receive advice?  First of all, I had not heard this song and I did not realize they were friends.  What a heartbreaking song.  Beautiful though.  I love them both.  I gave advice and it was at school about how to work with a struggling student.

2) She sings that Patsy's is the face she sees when she turns out the light. Do you remember who or what you were thinking about when you fell asleep last night?  I was thinking about the kids at school.

3) Loretta maintains her TN ranch is haunted. She says "the moaning woman" is a harmless apparition, dressed in white. Do you believe in ghosts?  I do.  I have never seen one, but I believe that stuff is out there, I just do not want anything to do with it.

4) Loretta Lynn's ranch is now open to the public. In addition to horseback riding, fishing and camping, Loretta's ranch features shops that sell locally-sourced jams, jellies and sauces, as well as Loretta Lynn CDs and "Coal Miner's Daughter" glassware and t-shirts. Have you ever brought home an edible souvenir? Or do you prefer to remember your trips with something more lasting, like a coffee mug or t-shirt?  When we go on vacation  we always make sure to try some of the local food that we cannot get where we live.  That is not really a souvenir though, it is just trying food.  I do not think I ever buy souvenir food to bring home.  I usually buy a key chain, beach towel if I am at the beach, hat and sometimes a t-shirt.  I watch a YouTube channel that when she goes on vacation she buys a perfume at the city she is on to remember the trip.  She has a perfume that reminds her of Paris for example.  I hate perfume, but I thought it was a great idea!  Just wanted to share.


5) According to Reader's Digest, The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Have you seen it, and if so, did it scare you?  I did see it when I was younger and it did scare me.

6) Which do you find spookier: haunted houses or cemeteries?  haunted houses.  This is weird, but I find comfort in cemeteries.  I don't hang out or anything, but I do not mind them at all.

7) What's the most recent Halloween costume you wore?  We always dressed up at the preschool.  I believe I was a chocolate chip cookie.

8) When you were a kid, did you trade your Halloween candy with siblings or friends?   I am an only child.  I am sure my parents ate a lot of my candy.  I don't remember eating much of it.  I just enjoyed going out trick-or-treating.
 
9) Random question: You meet your very friendly new neighbor. She invites you over for a "get acquainted" cup of coffee tomorrow afternoon and you accept. Then you learn that she was once on trial for an axe murder ... but acquitted. Would you still go over to her house?  no, I would suddenly be busy.

Happy Halloween!!!





9 comments:

  1. A T shirt is my favorite souvenir. I love that you are a teacher, and that you think of your students as you drift off to sleep. Teachers like you and Kwizgiver are the best child advocates.
    About the ghosts, or spirits, if you will. It’s interesting and completely rational to not believe in them. Most people don’t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Patsy-Loretta story. They were so supportive of one another. Girl power!

    I agree with you on cemeteries. They feel more historical to me than scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on cemeteries--I think they're resting places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not weird at all, Lori. I enjoy the solitude and quiet of cemeteries, reading the stones, imagining the lives they represent. I probably wouldn't want to hang out in one at night, but I wouldn't really want to hang out anywhere that's isolated at night. I never really thought about it, but as an only child I don't really remember eating much of my candy, either, beyond Halloween night. My parents or at least my dad must have eaten some of it...I do remember hiding my Easter candy from him. LOL Happy Halloween, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't celebrate Halloween.
    I enjoyed your answers.
    Have a happy Halloween however you do or do not participate my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to like the old cemeteries around my hometown as they held people from before the Revolutionary war. Interesting to read their stones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also find comfort in cemeteries... usually beautiful reminders of beautiful lives. If I'd been a cookie it would have to have a bite out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should watch Coal Miner's Daughter about Loretta Lynne's life and Patsy Cline plays a big part in it. It is really a good movie. A chocolate chip cookie sounds like a fun costume! Wishing you a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "suddenly be busy" answer made me laugh. Good way to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.