Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's artist, Jennie Abrahamson, is very happy living in Stockholm, but she refers to Paris as "a flirt." She enjoys her time there so much she always wants to return. Is there a place you've visited that tugs at your heart and imagination, tempting you to return? I have not been many places, but my favorite vacation was to Orange Beach, Alabama...the sun, the dolphins, the condo and the ocean view. It was awesome! I would love to go back.
2) Jennie has said her music has been heavily influenced by 80s pop, which was popular in her early teen years. Are your favorite songs the ones you listened to when you were growing up? I like a lot of different music, but I do find comfort and happiness in the songs from when I was growing up because it takes me back to that time. That would be the 80's for me too. I have a lot of 80's stations programmed in my car.
3) "My Favorite Things" is from The Sound of Music. Crazy Sam's high school claim to fame was playing Sister Margaretta in the senior class production. Though not a big part, her performance lives on because relatives love embarrassing her with pictures of her in an especially unflattering nun's habit. Who took an embarrassing photo of you? What were you doing? not sure. Probably someone in college.
4) The lyrics celebrate "brown paper packages tied up in strings." What was in the last box you received in the mail? I got some body butter from Ulta for my hands, feet and elbows. They are so dry in the winter. This particular package was Soap and Glory body butter. I also love Body Shop body butter.
5) It mentions doorbells and sleighbells. What's the most recent bell or alarm that you heard? I was going to say my alarm clock, but we went on a field trip today at school and there was some weird alarm going off on the bus I had to help turn it off.
6) This song has nice things to say about cold weather, specifically snowflakes and mittens. What do you like about winter? SNOW!!! We got a little snow today...once again, not enough to amount to much. I really would like to have a few snow days.
7) Dog bites and bee stings are singled out as things that can leave us feeling sad. What's most recently given you the blues? I had a bad Monday not too long ago. Some of you may know about it. If you do...I do not have to go to jury duty and Josh's blood work came back normal this last time. His liver enzymes and glucose was off before. I have been happy this week.
8) In 2018, when this song was released, Roger Federer won the Australian Open. Are you good with a racket? I used to enjoy playing tennis when I was in college...I was not good or anything, just something I could actually do. I haven't played in years though.
9) Random question -- Your local zoo announced the hatching of three snowy owlets. All males. You won the honor of naming them. Go ahead. Sarah, Percy and Bill...children's story reference (Owl Babies)... but since they are all boys...maybe Shiver, Chill and Ice.